Tragic Story - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic Story

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    The safety that stops my trigger from being pulled on my Glock is my brain. If I didnt trust my brain, I sure as heck wouldnt trust a small metal piece in the gun called the "safety".
    Given the frailities of the human brain versus the relatively infallability of machined steel, I think I'll opt for the additional "fail safe".

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

By the way: The manual safety on my Beretta 9000s completely disenguages the trigger. It pulls without resistance or interaction with other "firing" linkups.

Under that stipulation, perhaps a redefining of "safety" (above) might be in order.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

4. Maybe the term Manual Safety would be the correct use!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    One criminal shooting another criminal is less tragic than a law abiding citizen being forced to shoot the criminal in self defense....IMHO.

Did anybody else happen to notice that the OP seems to sell gun safes?
    One crook shooting another? Tragic yes but only goes to show if you are a crook and stupid it probably won't end well for you.

Could a gun safe have avoided this? Possibly yes, if it had been a large one that they could not simply haul away and open later. Would this guy eventually end up in prison on something else? Would have been just a question of time, IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter:242485
    Very tragic,

This is one reason I do not like Glocks. In the hand of trained person, they are fine.
    But, in the wrong hands this is what happens.

I'm not bashing Glocks, but with no Safety,Accidents like this are an reality. I feel for both Families 2 young men are now gone.

I will say a prayer for both Families.
    If this is your reason for not liking Glock, then (without meaning to be offensive) you rely entirely too much on a mechanical safety to keep you and others around you safe, and not nearly enough on proper gun handling, muzzle awareness, trigger finger awareness and general firearm safety practices.

Regarding the felon and his "mishap" I feel no sorrow or pity.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Thanks LG. Very informative. Now I "know".

GG
    I reckon you probably already had a notion or two ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    One criminal shooting another criminal is less tragic than a law abiding citizen being forced to shoot the criminal in self defense....IMHO.

Did anybody else happen to notice that the OP seems to sell gun safes?
    Hey! That's my territory!

Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    Some smart and probably cute person wrote this incredibly informative piece: The Glock 17 Pistol
    Don't forget modest :)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Given the frailities of the human brain versus the relatively infallability of machined steel, I think I'll opt for the additional "fail safe".

GG
    But how many times have mechanical devices failed on their own, or not been used properly throughout history? Too many to count. Just sayin, the best way to keep a gun safe is with your head.
    And I am in no way saying that every gun owner has a good brain because many do not. For them, a mechanical safety would help (not solve the problem, just help), but that requires using a brain as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    If this is your reason for not liking Glock, then (without meaning to be offensive) you rely entirely too much on a mechanical safety to keep you and others around you safe, and not nearly enough on proper gun handling, muzzle awareness, trigger finger awareness and general firearm safety practices.

Regarding the felon and his "mishap" I feel no sorrow or pity.
    The guy in the story was an idiot and could have just as easily fired off anything else since he did not even bother to check if the gun was loaded. Blaiming this on the lack of a manual safety is a bit far-fetched.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast