Tragic Story - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Tragic Story

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:242711
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Just to clarify, because I don't think this was made clear.

A "SAFETY" meaning something that prevents the trigger from being pulled and the gun going off. The Glock does not have a safety.

"SAFETY FEATURES" the glock has three that prevent the gun from firing for any other reason than the trigger being pulled, such as if dropped.

Now on my HK it has two "SAFETIES", one is a selector lever, the other is in the grip that is turned with a key. When either are engaged you can pull the trigger as hard as you want and it will not fire. These are in addition to the "SAFETY FEATURES" that are simular to the glocks.

I know this is unnecessary for most here but I think that some could benefit from a clarification.
    The safety that stops my trigger from being pulled on my Glock is my brain. If I didnt trust my brain, I sure as heck wouldnt trust a small metal piece in the gun called the "safety".
    I will stop by the gun store later to check the packing list but I don't think your brain comes standard with ever glock. So there is still no safety on a glock.

A safety is a mechanical part that can fail (NRA Basic Pistol Course).
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Lets not forget, this delinquent kid would not have had his hands on the glock had he not broken into someones vehicle and stolen it. They were both headed to prison regardless only now, because the older idiot was stupid, one is going in the ground.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    I will stop by the gun store later to check the packing list but I don't think your brain comes standard with ever glock. So there is still no safety on a glock.
    The brain is required before you buy the gun. It usually comes with birth.

Quote Originally Posted by boatme98 View Post
    He didn't cock the Glock. Whoops. Too much tv I think.
    He didn't cock the glock? Too much tv is right!, Glock's don't have a external hammer to cock!, Maybe he meant "rack the slide",It's show's his lack of knowledge of firearm's, This is one of the reasons I say training is a must, Maybe this young man at 17, Didn't mean for this to happen?, but at 17yo, he should know from right and wrong! I don't know If he derserve 15 years?, maybe he doe's?, but I hope he has learned a valuable lesson?, gun's are not toy's to be played with!, What a shame?, two live's ruined!, One life lost, and the other, in jail, For the young that maybe reading these post, Before you say, "This cant happen to me", I'll bet the 17yo said the same thing, learn from this!, Dont misuse firearms, treat them as you want to be treated!, with respect!, My best wishes, for all involved in this inncident

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    I think a revolver should have an external thumb operated safety and maybe a grip safety as well. Maybe the XD's/XDM's and S&W M&P's also, along with Kahr's, all Rugers and all Kel Tec's and so on. Watcha think?
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Don't mean to sound cold heart'ed but I have zero sympathy for either of these kid's. You would have to lived under a rock all your life to think a gun is something to play with and point at someone (loaded or not). Who I do feel sorry for is the parents of the kid who died.

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    A safety is a mechanical part that can fail (NRA Basic Pistol Course).
    What is their context for this statement. Is it used for "don't rely on the safety, keep your finger off", or is it "it's best not to have one" because it only causes problems?

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    I think a revolver should have an external thumb operated safety and maybe a grip safety as well. Maybe the XD's/XDM's and S&W M&P's also, along with Kahr's, all Rugers and all Kel Tec's and so on. Watcha think?
    Not no, but H*LL NO!
    War to the Knife, Knife to the hilt.
    If we don't want to live in a trashy area, we all have to be willing to help pick up the trash.

Wow he admits to breaking into to cars, stealing things, steals a loaded handgun, doesn't bother to check to see if it's loaded, and this story is tragic? Better his dumbass than mine. Most kids have seen enough Hollywood movies to know how to do that.

Here's your sign
    Sic vis pacem, para bellum

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast