Tragic Story
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Tragic Story

Tragic Story

Store your handguns safely. A Casper (WY) 17 year old that plead guilty to invountary Manslaughter will spend 15 years in prison. Casper teen pleads guilty to manslaughter. Ruined lives that could have been avoided.
    www.BiometricGunVault.com - We offer the full line of GunVault Safes, safely store your hand guns!

He didn't cock the Glock. Whoops. Too much tv I think.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Very tragic,

This is one reason I do not like Glocks. In the hand of trained person, they are fine.
    But, in the wrong hands this is what happens.

I'm not bashing Glocks, but with no Safety,Accidents like this are an reality. I feel for both Families 2 young men are now gone.

I will say a prayer for both Families.

Hey trophy: Please do not forget that 2 young men are gone is leaving out the fact that 2 young men were thieves and heading to prison one way or another. Please do not forget that 1 young man lied his head off about what happened. 17 years old might as well be 27 IMO.
    PS: There are Glock firearms that are not brought into this country because they fail a federal index for gun safety. The FN5.7 provides a complete non-function of the pistol when the magazine is released, regardless of cartridge in chamber or safety on or off (it also has right and left-handed safety levers)---this is also helpful for LEOs if they fear loss of weapon during physical altercation--they can drop mag making pistol inoperable if perp gets a hand on it.

Tragic, yeah. But, one less future thief to steal your or my possessions. I don't have much sympathy for such idiots.

The only thing I can say is this,
    Glock has 3 safetys most others have 1 and as for fn's 5.7 ( if ) info I hear you have to order your ammo from the company OR reload your spent brass, so thats more money for the average person to spend needlesly

Hey n4: Only trying to make a point on safety and sorry if you understood my comment wrongly. Just making the point that safety on imported firearms has more to do with federal law than it does with safety per se. Glock is a fine gun and no disrespect was intended.

OK, I'll be your "huckleberry". All I have heard from this forum (having had no experience with Glocks at all.), is that they DON'T have a manual safety at all.... i.e. If it is cocked, it is ready to go. All that is needed to make it go boom is trigger squeeze.

Now someone says they have THREE safeties?

I seek illumination here, if you would be so kind to provide.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    OK, I'll be your "huckleberry". All I have heard from this forum (having had no experience with Glocks at all.), is that they DON'T have a manual safety at all.... i.e. If it is cocked, it is ready to go. All that is needed to make it go boom is trigger squeeze.

Now someone says they have THREE safeties?

I seek illumination here, if you would be so kind to provide.

GG
    Some smart and probably cute person wrote this incredibly informative piece: The Glock 17 Pistol

11. One criminal shooting another criminal is less tragic than a law abiding citizen being forced to shoot the criminal in self defense....IMHO.

Did anybody else happen to notice that the OP seems to sell gun safes?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast