45 / 410 Derringers....Handgun or Shotgun by Law ? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: 45 / 410 Derringers....Handgun or Shotgun by Law ?

  1. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So, you have no statute to back up your assumption? Didn't think so.
    Good Luck when you visit Oklahoma with your Judd loaded with a shot shell.

  2.   
  3. Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    Good Luck when you visit Oklahoma with your Judd loaded with a shot shell.
    Tell me what statute I would be violating? That's all I am asking.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  4. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Tell me what statute I would be violating? That's all I am asking.
    You are just another Net. Legal Scholar who thinks they know everything that can get one arrested or not arrested, in regards to firearms. Take it from someone who has been to the Tulsa Oklahoma County Court House, and had to deal with a firearm related charge.

    It's what the D.A. decides if you get charged, then it's up to you to prove your not guilty.

    The D.A. of Tulsa County Mr. Tim Harris does not like people who carry firearms even if the law says they can in Oklahoma with a permit.

    why not come to Tulsa Oklahoma and give your Judd with a shot shell a chance to prove me wrong.

  5. #14
    It's weird I find myself supporting Navy, but he has a point in that if it is law it is written down. You provided information as fact, but you have nothing to back it up. That is a disservice to the people that read these forums looking for help. The thirty minutes it will take to read through your laws regarding shotguns will be well worth it both for yourself and for proving him wrong...... If you can.

  6. Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    Take it from someone who has been to the Tulsa Oklahoma County Court House, and had to deal with a firearm related charge.

    It's what the D.A. decides if you get charged, then it's up to you to prove your not guilty.

    The D.A. of Tulsa County Mr. Tim Harris does not like people who carry firearms even if the law says they can in Oklahoma with a permit.

    why not come to Tulsa Oklahoma and give your Judd with a shot shell a chance to prove me wrong.
    Why don't you simply post the statute that would be violated? You claim to be the expert.

    I refuse to live my life in fear of what a cop or prosecutor might attempt because they don't particularly like my lawful behavior.

    Send me a plane ticket, airfare, hotel expense, per diem for meals, and provide me with a Taurus Judge and .410 shells to carry, I'll be happy to take you up on your offer. I have an ex-step-brother in Tulsa that I haven't visited in years.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

  7. Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Why don't you simply post the statute that would be violated? You claim to be the expert.

    I refuse to live my life in fear of what a cop or prosecutor might attempt because they don't particularly like my lawful behavior.

    Send me a plane ticket, airfare, hotel expense, per diem for meals, and provide me with a Taurus Judge and .410 shells to carry, I'll be happy to take you up on your offer. I have an ex-step-brother in Tulsa that I haven't visited in years.
    I do not wish to feed your trolling this thread. :-)

  8. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So, you have no statute to back up your assumption? Didn't think so.
    He has no statute to back himself up, because there probably isn't one. A handgun is a handgun reguardless of whether it is chambered in .223 Remington, .45Colt/.410, or .50AE. A handgun does not magically change into a shotgun just because it has a .410 shell in the chamber.

    California on the other hand does have a law banning handguns chambered for .410. Just like they have a fifty caliber ban and a bunch of other stupid laws.

  9. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    Take it from someone who has been to the Tulsa Oklahoma County Court House, and had to deal with a firearm related charge.
    More chest thumping and CCW Badge polishing.

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    It's weird I find myself supporting Navy, but he has a point in that if it is law it is written down. You provided information as fact, but you have nothing to back it up. That is a disservice to the people that read these forums looking for help. The thirty minutes it will take to read through your laws regarding shotguns will be well worth it both for yourself and for proving him wrong...... If you can.
    Well you and Navy can just sue me Ok?

  11. Quote Originally Posted by G50AE View Post
    He has no statute to back himself up, because there probably isn't one. A handgun is a handgun reguardless of whether it is chambered in .223 Remington, .45Colt/.410, or .50AE. A handgun does not magically change into a shotgun just because it has a .410 shell in the chamber.

    California on the other hand does have a law banning handguns chambered for .410. Just like they have a fifty caliber ban and a bunch of other stupid laws.
    Actually, Oklahoma does have a .45 caliber limit on concealed handguns in statute.

    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    I do not wish to feed your trolling this thread. :-)
    Rote answer given when one has no fatual data to substaniate false information which has been properly refuted with citation to actual statutes.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast