Bad day for shooting - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad day for shooting

So did you find out what type of 9mm rounds he was shooting?

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter View Post
    Kumbaugh,
    Most suicide attempts, the shooter puts the weapon to their head.
    Glad it turned out to be just a story for you and not a bad incident..

The thought above is what I thought of.. Glad he didn't put the gun to his right temple and pull the trigger... It may have taken you and your wife out..

Gulf Coast, Floriduh
    Sccy is the limit

Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter:241312
    Maybe he really did not want to kill himself.Most suicide attempts, the shooter puts the weapon to thier head.

From personal experience, most suicide [U[attempts[/U] they don't put the gun to their head, because those usually aren't attempts, they are successful. Even when we are depressed enough to want to kill ourselves, the body has a natural reaction to want to stay alive. I remember the gun shot wound/psychiatric portion of my paramedic, having to look at dozens of peoples faces missing because they pulled the shotgun away from their chin just enough to do damage but not kill. Also, most suicides don't involve anyone else. I am glad this incident was not like the few that go out with as many people as possible. I hope your wife is doing well.

This reminds me of a story when I was just an EMT working early mornings...maybe I will post up a "what would you do?" post to see what everyone would of done.

wow, im glad you and the wife are ok and he gets the help he truly needs.

stay safe~

Your wife is blessed. Don't forget to thank G-d.

I'm also very relieved he was not interested in aggressively taking others with him, but who knows if that wasn't his original intention.

Had a friend of mine worked for lighthouse for the blind for years about three folks a year placed the gun to their temple and pulled trigger, bullet passed below the brain case and blew out both optic nerves leaving them blind and not dead.

I will say that your title is wrong -- it should be : Our lucky day on the range. Glad you and your wife are OK.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Wow, that sucks. There was a guy that killed himself at our range a few weeks ago. At least he had the decency to wait till everyone else left the line and all doors were closed. He even had a note apologizing to the range. That kind of stuff freaks me out.

10. Quote Originally Posted by twotonevert View Post
    Wow, that sucks. There was a guy that killed himself at our range a few weeks ago. At least he had the decency to wait till everyone else left the line and all doors were closed. He even had a note apologizing to the range. That kind of stuff freaks me out.
    That was the second time someone killed himself at the Tulsa Firearms in Tulsa OK, really bad for everyone.
    The new Tulsa indoor range 2A on Admiral have video to keep track of any unsafe items, but everyone must be on guard as you just don't know how safe the people shooting near you really are.
    2A is a really super indoor range nothing even close to it in Oklahoma.
    I like the new outdoor range the USSHOOTINGACADEMY out north of Tulsa also, being outdoor I feel a lot better because more space between shooters.
    Also you can see whats going on around you a lot better.
    They have people driving around making sure things are being done safely.

WOW!! Talk about a close call. Don't know what be going on in some peoples minds.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast