Bad day for shooting - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Bad day for shooting

Glad you and wife are ok...Shame he did not succeeded as we need a few less idiots!
    hate y'all had to be subjected to his stupidity!

Holy smokes bro. Glad you and your wife are OK. Man that stuff sucks. Glad he didn't think of taking someone out too.

It's depressing how many people here want other people to die. Is this the normal for all forums?

I have worked the ambulance enough years to have seen many suicide attempts, not a few with fire arms. I know how hard this must have been for you. It sounds as if you are handling it well and I hope you are.
    I don't see this any more of a bad day for shooting than it would be a bad day for prescription or over the counter drugs when someone chooses to OD on them. In my experience there are far more suicide attempts with drugs than there are with guns.

as a follow up to yesterday. He was shooting a 9mm.

Today my wife tells me she has a burn mark on her left arm. The ouch I heard might have been hear and not the guy. I am not sure if it could be from the bullet or not. I ruled out a hot casing because it's on the back of her arm between her wrist and elbow. Here is a picture any ideas?

For reference she was shoot a 22 long.
    Attached Images Attached Images Bad day for shooting-burn-mark-shot.jpg 
    Last edited by kumbaugh; 11-06-2011 at 02:01 PM. Reason: added 22 long

7. Hot shell case I bet.

So true, I see many more drug od attempts (especially by females). Men primarily go out with a bang, literally. But most drug od are attempts, cries for help.

I would still call this a horrible day for shooting if it happened right next to me and my wife. How's the wife doing emotionally?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    It's depressing how many people here want other people to die. Is this the normal for all forums?
    I'm glad so few here have ever been in such a dark place in their lives that suicide seems to be the only way to end the pain or the fear.

Think about what the shooter must have been thinking: that his life was such a horrid and dark and disgusting failure that he didn't have a single person he could possibly confide in. Not a single person he could tell, "Hey, I'm having some pretty sinister thoughts." He couldn't tell his spouse, or his kids, or his pastor, or even the strangers standing next to him.

That's the tragedy of something like this.

I wonder: how would members have acted if they suspected an attempt from one of their lane neighbors? I like to think I would have at least spoken to the person, asking if they were okay.

Kumbaugh, I'm very glad you and your wife are basically OK from this.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    So true, I see many more drug od attempts (especially by females). Men primarily go out with a bang, literally. But most drug od are attempts, cries for help.

I would still call this a horrible day for shooting if it happened right next to me and my wife. How's the wife doing emotionally?
    we both keep think about it and seem to keep bring it up in conversation. over all she is doing OK. never thought about it until now she was in the room the whole time. I was in and out getting help waiting for the ambulance and getting them to the right area. when being interviewed by the police she was still in the room, they interviewed me in the room next door.

I remember seeing the video from a shooting range in Florida where a mother shot her son and then killed herself a year or 2 ago. Horribly sad. My initial thought was that a shooting range is a poor location where others can get hurt, assuming that he wasn't trying to hurt anyone else, which is usually the case. However, depression can be so debilitating that it often keeps people from thinking clearly.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast