Bad day for shooting - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Bad day for shooting

1. Wow I just googled trying to find this incident and its actually quite common. The worst was when I found a YouTube video of a woman in a range shoot her son in the back of the head while he was shooting down range then put the gun in her mouth and pulled the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by GabbyDP View Post
    Wow! What a scary event to experience, I'm very glad to hear no one else at the range was injured. Hopefully he will have a full recovery and get the assistance that he needs. +1 to yourself and everyone who responded in a time efficient and appropriate manner.
    +1 Wow! He gets a second chance to change his life.....

Psalm 82:3-5

Train your family to recognize depression.they may save a life.

5. He very well could have taken someone out with himself. His picture should be posted in local gunshops with a warning to confiscate his gun, hand him a slingshot and a bag of ball bearings and tell him to have at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    It's depressing how many people here want other people to die. Is this the normal for all forums?
    It's not a matter of my wanting someone else to die (Unless it is a self defense matter of me or he, of course.), in the case of suicide, it is a matter of allowing the individual the freedom to DO SO.

Since the Nation, in large, does not have the simple wisdom to allow Doctor assisted euthanasia... for some suicide is the only means left.

It's a personal thing. I DO ask, however, that they do not try to take someone else out with them, purposely or accidently, when they DO decide to check out.

Simple as that.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by TlWheatley View Post
    Train your family to recognize depression.they may save a life.
    I don't think he showed any signs of depression or being upset.

He talked to the counter guy, rented a gun and got a target to use.

On the line he was shooting very well and had experience. I helped him with his target and thought nothing about him not saying anything. Being from South Florida you get use to rude people. It's also hard to talk in a range when others are shooting and you are wearing hearing protection.

maybe gun ranges need to have access to police reports by running your drivers license. He was arrested a few over the past few months and has problems with the IRS.

I just hope we never have to experience this again or any gun shot accidents. my wife has only been shooting for 6 months, not a good start.

I've lived with one rule for over 40 yrs you shoot you clean your gun that night. I broke my rule my gun is still in my range bag and I have not touched it after putting it away at the range. In a few days I'll get it out and clean and put in the gun case. next decision will be wheb I or both of us return to the range. I will be fine, not going to push my wife to go back. only thing she said is she could never shoot in lane 3.

The question is -- why there? where there are people around? Do you think that he has the tool, the desire to kill himself, why not do it in the privacy of his dwelling wherever it may be, so he doesn't traumatize anyone else with the gory of what he did? Why involve other people? But then, sometimes when times are tough and one is desperate, they do not have time nor the inclination to think of others, just themselves...SAD.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom:241882
    The question is -- why there? where there are people around? Do you think that he has the tool, the desire to kill himself, why not do it in the privacy of his dwelling wherever it may be, so he doesn't traumatize anyone else with the gory of what he did? Why involve other people? But then, sometimes when times are tough and one is desperate, they do not have time nor the inclination to think of others, just themselves...SAD.
    From what I recall was said, the guy rented a gun. After all where else are you going to get handed a gun and ammo? The range is the only place I can think of.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    From what I recall was said, the guy rented a gun. After all where else are you going to get handed a gun and ammo? The range is the only place I can think of.
    you are correct he did rent a gun from the range. IMO he read about another person doing the same thing at this range. Only that person did kill himself.

Another thoughtless copycat...just glad he did not hurt the OP and his wife.
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast