Bad day for shooting - Page 5
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Bad day for shooting

Maybe you can give him an anatomy lesson when he comes back.
    Glad you and th Mrs. are ok.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." T. Jefferson

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    thoughtless
    http://www.usacarry.com/forums/gener...tml#post241499

Who's the thoughtless one?
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    I was referring to kumbaugh's post...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

It's been just over a month and my wife said mark is gone off her arm and she thinks it's time to go back to the range. Only time will tell if she's ready to have a stranger shooting next to her or in the same room. I will keep an eye out for the little blue pails. The blue pails are shooters renting a range gun and in most cases don't own their own gun. The one suicide and the other two attempted suicides all rented a range gun.

Best wishes to both of you.
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by trophyhunter:241312
    Maybe he really did not want to kill himself.Most suicide attempts, the shooter puts the weapon to thier head.

From personal experience, most suicide [U[attempts[/U] they don't put the gun to their head, because those usually aren't attempts, they are successful. Even when we are depressed enough to want to kill ourselves, the body has a natural reaction to want to stay alive. I remember the gun shot wound/psychiatric portion of my paramedic, having to look at dozens of peoples faces missing because they pulled the shotgun away from their chin just enough to do damage but not kill. Also, most suicides don't involve anyone else. I am glad this incident was not like the few that go out with as many people as possible. I hope your wife is doing well.

This reminds me of a story when I was just an EMT working early mornings...maybe I will post up a "what would you do?" post to see what everyone would of done.
    That's what I was thinking, haven't witnessed one first hand yet, someone blowing their face off, but have worked several shootings. That's not something you get outa your head easily.
    Op, so sorry you ha that happen and so very glad no one else was hurt in the process!

Christmas shopping won this weekend, maybe next Saturday. Nothing could happen on Cristmas Eve, RIGHT.

this range has had at least 2 attempted suicide and 1 suicide all from shooters renting their guns. one thing I've noticed about this place is they have no RSO making it easy for the shooters to do what ever they want. it's a nice range but they need to spend a few bucks on safety. maybe their idea for safety is security cameras. might be time to cross them off my list.
    NRA RSO
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim Instructor

The cameras don't catch everything, and unfortunatly a RSO would cost money, and most likely range fees would go up, I realize it would be peanuts compared to a human life, but most people wouldn't see it that way, as long as the ranges rent guns, and are not closely monitored, this may happen, at least Kimbaugh and his wife were not hurt

looks like another bad day at this range. I think this is number 4. Glad I did not go today and don't think I'll be going back. 2nd one to kill himself.

A man dies following a suicide attempt at a Lauderdale Lakes gun range Saturday - South Florida Sun-Sentinel.com
    NRA RSO
    NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
    NRA Certified Refuse to be a Victim Instructor

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast