Bad day for shooting - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Bad day for shooting

Quote Originally Posted by kumbaugh View Post
    this range has had at least 2 attempted suicide and 1 suicide all from shooters renting their guns. one thing I've noticed about this place is they have no RSO making it easy for the shooters to do what ever they want. it's a nice range but they need to spend a few bucks on safety. maybe their idea for safety is security cameras. might be time to cross them off my list.
    Someone with a gun in their hand and an intention to commit suicide would be hard to stop. An RSO, or anyone else for that matter, would have little effect. At best by the time anyone noticed the weapon would be aimed and pulling the trigged takes a fraction of a second.

Short of having a psychiatrist on duty to evaluate everyone prior to a range session I see little you can do. Even this would not eliminate it completely or no psychiatrist would ever have a patient commit suicide. These people get past friends and family. Once the decision is made they often show an apparent increase in mood. It would be nice to think that there is something we could do. The truth is that we do what we can and sometimes it works but only sometimes.
    NRA,
    Armed Citizens Legal Defense Fund
    http://armedcitizensnetwork.org/

I thought my range day was bad yours was worse. Employee at the local range had a rental gun turned in that wasn't unloaded. Lucky she followed one of the weapon safty rules. Bullet went in the floor! Luck everyone walked away!

Quote Originally Posted by ingodwetrust1975 View Post
    I thought my range day was bad yours was worse. Employee at the local range had a rental gun turned in that wasn't unloaded. Lucky she followed one of the weapon safty rules. Bullet went in the floor! Luck everyone walked away!
    But she didn't follow the rule to keep her finger off the trigger so I would still be concerned about the safety at that range.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
    Time to add FireMarshall Bill to the block list.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456