Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg

well at least his leg stoped the bullet,,LOL bet he dont do it again!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    So you're perfect? Pull the badges of every cop that has a negligent discharge? Pull the driver's license for anybody who has ever been deemed to be at fault for a vehicle accident? How about banning a CCW instructor from instructing who has ever given out a false piece of information?
    Are you insane? Christ, gimmie a break, you're starting to concern me. ANYONE who negligently discharges a firearm needs to be relieved of their permit or job, period. There's no room for this in our world. Don't compare such an overt and dangerous act of stupidity in discharging a firearm into one's own body to a mis-statement by an instructor. However, an instructor who negligently discharges should be relieved of his credentials AND guns. Regarding myself? When instructing with live-fire I must be perfect or I lose my credentials.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    Are you insane? Christ, gimmie a break, you're starting to concern me. ANYONE who negligently discharges a firearm needs to be relieved of their permit or job, period. There's no room for this in our world. Don't compare such an overt and dangerous act of stupidity in discharging a firearm into one's own body to a mis-statement by an instructor. However, an instructor who negligently discharges should be relieved of his credentials AND guns. Regarding myself? When instructing with live-fire I must be perfect or I lose my credentials.
    It would seem to me the NAVYLCDR, likes to be arguementitive, Personally I have put him on my ignore list!, I just made my last responce to one of his (bad attitudes)

5. Well, It looks like he achieved his intention to empty the chamber!

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds:241680
    The only way I can picture this happening would be if he was trying to lower the hammer on a 1911 style gun. I can't think of another situation where this would happen. Hopefully more details will come forward.
    I could see him racking out the chambered round, then releasing the mag (but didn't realize his steps were backwards), then pulling the trigger to release the firing mechanism.

Anyone know what firearm he had?

Quote Originally Posted by Firefighterchen:241696
    Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds:241680
    The only way I can picture this happening would be if he was trying to lower the hammer on a 1911 style gun. I can't think of another situation where this would happen. Hopefully more details will come forward.
    I could see him racking out the chambered round, then releasing the mag (but didn't realize his steps were backwards), then pulling the trigger to release the firing mechanism.

Anyone know what firearm he had?
    So you are thinking he had a glock or XD type weapon. I will see if I can find anything on the interweb.

8. Quote Originally Posted by BC1 View Post
    I'm just saying that human beings make mistakes. Was this guy's mistake negligent? 99.5% proabably so. But come on, probably 99.5% of all human beings have made a negligent mistake at least once in their life. Pulling someone's CPL because they had a negligent discharge, while performing an action that was precipitated by attempting to comply with statute, which resulted in no injury to anyone else other than the person themselves, just seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction to me.

It's not like he was sitting on a bar stool and nudged his buddy next to him and said, "Hold my beer and watch this" just prior to shooting himself in the leg.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I'm just saying that human beings make mistakes. Was this guy's mistake negligent? 99.5% proabably so. But come on, probably 99.5% of all human beings have made a negligent mistake at least once in their life. Pulling someone's CPL because they had a negligent discharge, while performing an action that was precipitated by attempting to comply with statute, which resulted in no injury to anyone else other than the person themselves, just seems like a bit of a knee jerk reaction to me.

It's not like he was sitting on a bar stool and nudged his buddy next to him and said, "Hold my beer and watch this" just prior to shooting himself in the leg.
    Even so Navy these guys make it harder for you and I. Their actions feed the brady bunch.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Give up Navy...this is the kind of thing that those who believe that they are somehow "special" because the government says they can practce a basic right guaranteed to all by the constitution need in order to maintain that sense of superiority...

You aren't going to convince them differently...especially those who derive a substantial portion of their income from government infringements on that right.

Maybe not. Since the crux of ALL this business is personal safety and self defense...... In pursuit of that goal, is it not logical to place a certain amount of concern and disdain on those who have "accidental discharges"? (Right along with those who are automobile accidents waiting to happen.)

As such, I see nothing wrong with yanking permits from the accident prone. Vehicular or gun.

While I have absolutely no problem with someone taking themselves "out" through their own negligence (or stupidity).... I have a SEVERE problem with those who might "accidently" take someone else "out" while trying to win their "Darwin Award".

Just sayin'.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast