Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg - Page 7
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Fan accidentally shoots himself in leg

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Here's a story that I found interesting, in support of the idea that we should as a country allow even untrained and dangerous (with a gun) people access to firearms rather than legislate who's "worthy"... I found this at KeepAndBearArms.com : In Defense Of: Stupid People Carrying Guns | The Truth About Guns
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    What if you were sitting at home and as you are reaching for your gun, your finger brushes the trigger and it discharges into the ground. Does that mean you should not have a 2nd amendment right anymore?
    Correct. If my finger brushes the trigger I have fulfilled the NRA position that such a discharge is caused by carelessness and ignorance. Since there's no one to call the police it's a moot point. But if I should clip myself the doc at the ER is a mandated reporter and he is required to contact police.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    Give up Navy...this is the kind of thing that those who believe that they are somehow "special" because the government says they can practce a basic right guaranteed to all by the constitution need in order to maintain that sense of superiority...

You aren't going to convince them differently...especially those who derive a substantial portion of their income from government infringements on that right.
    Don't assume to know where any of us derive our income.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Truth be known, I don't believe you will EVER "make the grade".

GG
    GG, just let them go. Some people practice plain ignorance as a way of life.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:242781
    Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Truth be known, I don't believe you will EVER "make the grade".

GG
    GG, just let them go. Some people practice plain ignorance as a way of life.
    Sounds like we have another deity among us.

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Sounds like we have another deity among us.
    Education will set you free. Now get back to the compound with the rest of them. :-)
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

One of the chemical plants I've worked at, told us "All accidents can be prevented". I accepted that most accidents could be prevented, but it took some time for me to realize that all accidents can be prevented. As I type this, I'm sitting at my computer with both arms and one hip broken from an accident.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Does one mistake cause one to be "accident prone"? Especially when that mistake occurred while attempting to comply with a rediculous law?

My opinion, not that it's worth anything....
    Write the guy a ticket for a $100 fine for negligent discharge of a firearm in a public place and move on. Then, if there is a second occurrence, suspend his permit pending completion of gun safety training. On third occurrence revoke his permit permanently and, in a state such as Washington - force him to carry his gun openly without a permit! :-)
    Hate to say it but after some thought you're probably onto something. A person who exhibits negligence and pays a large fine for it but is allowed to keep his/her gun will probably not screw that one up again.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

10. I had a ND in April 2011 while stupidly field-stripping my XD-40 in my work truck.

Went into my palm, blew out the side of my hand, then went through my leg. Pics of my injuries are on my profile.

What drives me crazy is that I did exactly what I had cautioned my wife about. Didn't drop the mag. No excuses. I just screwed up royally. Could have killed myself. Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Went to the police station to pick up the gun, told a cop about it while we were on the elevator togather. He smiled, said "Well, I bet you don't ever do it again".

He's right. I should be teaching a gun safety class now.

Guns have no mercy, no remorse. You have a ND/AD, sheer luck decides the consequences.

I've had a near total recovery. Slightly limited movement in my left pinkie, almost all the feeling has returned to my hand.

It will never happen to me again.

Glad you came out if it with only minor long term physical damage.

That is why I can never carry a glock or xd, to field strip it you have to break the rule of keeping your finger off the trigger. I would look at an xdm, I like how the take down lever deactivates the trigger.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast