carry ammo

Thread: carry ammo

Ian Vahoski Guest

Cool carry ammo

Can I carry range ammo while OC or does it have to be self-defense ammo!?! Michigan

3. If this is a legal question, carry whatever you want. I've never heard of legally defined "defensive ammo."
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Carry whatever you want, it's your life.

5. If the question was about "what works," then one is best off with premium defensive ammo, which is designed for maximum stopping power and a high degree of reliability. "Range ammo" usually means inexpensive ammo intended for making holes in paper. But anything that goes bang and launches a bullet is a lot better than nothing at all.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

Self Defense ammo generally has the following properties:
    - always goes bang
    - hollow point bullet for maximum expansion and less likely to completely penetrate the target
    - manufactured to tighter tolerances than target ammo (i.e. more accurate and reliable)
    Range ammo which is usually FMJ can easily penetrate your target and hit another, which unless you have back-to-back bad guys is something you don't want.
    “You shall know the truth and the truth shall make you mad.” – Aldous Huxley

Except in New Jersey where you are not allowed to use hollow points. I think because we all know it's mean to defend yourself.
    Help your own self - the Government is busy takin' care of itself!
    Retired LEO

carry ammo

While you carry use a +p hollow point, if your carrying a fmj target round and have to use your gun you'll get a much closer look at your target!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Vahoski View Post
    Can I carry range ammo while OC or does it have to be self-defense ammo!?! Michigan
    I consider all ammo self defense ammo. Range ammo is whatever you choose to shoot at the range, be it the cheapest priced ammo or the most expensive priced ammo.
    ~ Truth Is Hate To Those Who Hate The Truth ~