I mildly brandished last night - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 77

Thread: I mildly brandished last night

  1. #51
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Northern Wisconsin
    Posts
    177
    It is way too easy to be criticized by People who were not there. Could he have done it differently, yes. Has he learned a valuble lesson, yes. Nobody got injured, So it is one for the good guys. There is no substitute for experience. Use what you learned to be better prepared for the next encounter. I am glad that You and your wife are safe.

  2.   
  3. #52
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    South Carolina/Charleston
    Posts
    2,388
    I just read another reply from Cotillion and now want to know why he bothered to even tell his story. So it was not brandishing or is mild brandishing not brandishing. He wrote a thread that does not add up well legally or otherwise based on what he wrote. Now he tells us he is also able to OC. If he was capable of OC he could have taken off his sweatshirt and been very clear about his intent. Kindly take the advice given by many and move on. The thread is becoming an embarrassment. I know this is my last look at this thread and my last reply. Be safe Cotillion.

  4. Kelcarry, it really does suck that you and about a half dozen other people troll around these forums. I frequent a couple other forums and the threads never go sour like they do around here. It really does ruin good conversations to have people jump in and argue just for the sake of arguing. Every post on every thread is the same people throwing their negative 2 cents in. You say all these things you would've handled like a professional but in reality life isn't an internet forums where you can write down what you would have done.

  5. Angry

    This happened just the other day in my unsafe City Tulsa, Oklahoma.
    Man trying to repair his car in a Autozone parking lot, these thugs a man and a woman came up asked for his billfold, he said no then the male shot him.

    They caught them the next in Vinita Oklahoma.

    Couple Wanted In Tulsa AutoZone Shooting Arrested In Vinita - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |

  6. #55
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Haha look at all the bandwagon people trying to throw a jab in. Let me say this 1 more time for the people who couldn't understand the other few posts.

    Legally I did nothing wrong. But how you ask? Well because I can cc and OC legally here. Well you flashed your gun that's brandishing! No sir, my hooded sweatshirt rode up a couple inches and a small piece of my firearm was revealed and at no time did I turn and make eye contact or give any threat like movements/statements. So please, Stfu. And the last turd trying to say I'm not the sharpest tool, stop trying to be an internet gangster, its really lame.
    IMO, any action that communicates "I and armed, and I am not a victim" is a positive action. About 90% of armed conflicts with a BG are ended without any shots being fired. Simply showing or drawing a firearm ends most confrontations.

    And BGs rarely, if ever, call the police. The chances of a criminal calling police to report that a citizen threatened, brandished, etc, is almost zero.

  7. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    About 90% of armed conflicts with a BG are ended without any shots being fired. Simply showing or drawing a firearm ends most confrontations.

    And BGs rarely, if ever, call the police. The chances of a criminal calling police to report that a citizen threatened, brandished, etc, is almost zero.
    And about 67% of statistics are made up on the spot.

    As for bad guys "rarely" calling the police, tell that to milesihrig in the thread in CC forums who pointed his gun at somebody. Threatening lethal force is never acceptable. Cotillion found a way of making it look like an accident by pulling up his shirt but its not okay in Colorado Ill tell you that much.

  8. #57
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474:243975
    This happened just the other day in my unsafe City Tulsa, Oklahoma.
    Man trying to repair his car in a Autozone parking lot, these thugs a man and a woman came up asked for his billfold, he said no then the male shot him.

    They caught them the next in Vinita Oklahoma.

    Couple Wanted In Tulsa AutoZone Shooting Arrested In Vinita - NewsOn6.com - Tulsa, OK - News, Weather, Video and Sports - KOTV.com |
    What happened? Didn't see anything about the man at autozone was shot after he "brandished" his weapon. How does this relate to this thread?

  9. #58
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Eastern North Carolina
    Posts
    268
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    And about 67% of statistics are made up on the spot.
    Your right, I made up the "about 90%" figure on the spot. The actual figure is 92%.

    "Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers."

    Gun Facts Version 3.2 Page 36
    Copyright 2002,
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/gunfacts.pdf

    The data on this page has footnoted sources.

  10. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    Your right, I made up the "about 90%" figure on the spot. The actual figure is 92%.

    "Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers."

    Gun Facts Version 3.2 Page 36
    Copyright 2002,
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/gunfacts.pdf

    The data on this page has footnoted sources.
    No wonder liberals are so quick to ban guns, because in 92% of the cases, gun owners use guns improperly and illegally. A few big issues come to mind when thinking about brandishing:
    1. Never point a gun at something you do not intend to destroy.
    2. Escalating the level of force used in a situation is a quick way to end up dead or in jail.
    3. Menacing- depending on the state, it can range from a misdemeanor to a felony. In Colorado, if you verbally threaten somebody, or physically threaten them (aka brandish), you will be put in jail.
    4. A gun is not a toy to wave around to get what you want. It is a tool to be used when all other options have run out and your death is presumed to be imminent and unavoidable without firing your gun.

  11. #60
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kentucky
    Posts
    699
    Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:244067
    Quote Originally Posted by billwot View Post
    Your right, I made up the "about 90%" figure on the spot. The actual figure is 92%.

    "Fact: Of the 2,500,000 times citizens use their guns to defend themselves every year, 92% merely brandish their gun or fire a warning shot to scare off their attackers."

    Gun Facts Version 3.2 Page 36
    Copyright 2002,
    http://www.keepandbeararms.com/images/gunfacts.pdf

    The data on this page has footnoted sources.
    No wonder liberals are so quick to ban guns, because in 92% of the cases, gun owners use guns improperly and illegally. A few big issues come to mind when thinking about brandishing:
    1. Never point a gun at something you do not intend to destroy.
    2. Escalating the level of force used in a situation is a quick way to end up dead or in jail.
    3. Menacing- depending on the state, it can range from a misdemeanor to a felony. In Colorado, if you verbally threaten somebody, or physically threaten them (aka brandish), you will be put in jail.
    4. A gun is not a toy to wave around to get what you want. It is a tool to be used when all other options have run out and your death is presumed to be imminent and unavoidable without firing your gun.
    You don't know how many of those times the BG had a weapon, there were multiple assailants, etc. Known as the Lesser of Two Evils defense (i.e. not an illegal use) Obviously firing a warning shot is a bad idea.

    Check your local self defense laws, your mileage may vary.

    Having good gun laws is only half the equation.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast