Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished?

I believe if the 2nd were abolished, gun owners, conservatives, republicans and many independents and democrats would vote en mass to oust anyone who participated. As long as the GOP retains veto or philibuster power this isn't going to happen. Many Dems (such as my Congressman) are pro-gun.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

Yes it could be. Just like Prohibition was.

With a Constitutional Ammendment, 2/3 rds vote and 3/4 States ratification.

Nevah happen, GI!

Unless there is a complete 180 degree turn around in voter attitudes towards guns. Even if the attitude change turned today... I expect to be long gone and dust by the time they manage to gather enough voter support to void the 2nd.

So, as far as my time horizon is considered..... I ain't even worried about it.

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by BC1:244255
    I believe if the 2nd were abolished, gun owners, conservatives, republicans and many independents and democrats would vote en mass to oust anyone who participated. As long as the GOP retains veto or philibuster power this isn't going to happen. Many Dems (such as my Congressman) are pro-gun.
    You believe that in a post-2A country, you will still have a right to vote? My my my. What DO they teach in schools today?

In my opinion, Obama will declare a "National Emergency" and demand all officers of the law to gather all guns and destroy them. The recent "occupy" movement was just a practice. Of course, the elections will also have to be suspended. And then our Dictator will be in control, just like he wants. Just my thoughts.
    willigun

Quote Originally Posted by lavaman View Post
    If the 2nd Amendment were abolished, I would go to jail every day of my life.
    Who are going to visit?
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by willigun View Post
    In my opinion, Obama will declare a "National Emergency" and demand all officers of the law to gather all guns and destroy them. The recent "occupy" movement was just a practice. Of course, the elections will also have to be suspended. And then our Dictator will be in control, just like he wants. Just my thoughts.
    Not to rain on your parade but your scenario only happens in Third World countries like the Philippines at one time when the Marcoses were in control...we maybe getting there but not yet. People revolted then and before they knew it, the Marcoses were rescued by whom? The Americans! Worst comes to worst, who will rescue Mr. 'Bammy and his cahoots? The Iranians? The Frenchie Hens? Maybe the Russians...Ooopss!
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

Quote Originally Posted by willigun View Post
    Ya know that is not totally out of the realm of possibilities. Scary stuff. It would cause on heck of a fight in our country. I would not be surprised to see him violate law and attempt to turn our own military against us.

I agree with you 100% willigun and you are leaving out quite a few "similar" scenarios Tucker's Mom--most notably 1930 Germany. We are on a blueprint for 1930 germany. Rampant inflation, Occupy who blame GOLDMAN SACHS (not Citi, not BofA, not Wells Fargo, but GOLDMAN SACHS--plenty of rampant anti semitism going on in those Occupy "peace rallies" all insituted by the unions and Acorn and Seiu). Heat it up a bit by putting all our worries about the mideast on Israel--ya know the country where people with last names like GOLDMAN AND SACHS LIVE. Oh yah, it couldn't happen in germany--after all they were citizens--it only can happen in some crazy place with a name we could not pronounce but guess what---IT DID. Not sure who among you is jewish, but I am and it is absolutely obvious to me that this could easily happen here, as willigun says--heck even the healthcare bill has a clause for a "civil defense force" under g-d knows whose control (ya know the bill no one read and we can now find out how it all works)--ever hear of the brownshirts?--forerunners to the gestapo. Tell me these animals running around with froth on their mouth at these "democratic rallies" are not the same as brownshirts--they sure as hell are. I can tell you one thing--unlike my relatives who may have perished in the 30's in europe, I will not la dee da down a path to a train that will take me to a "nice" camp--I will be sure someone will be taking a longer trip to hell before I take a trip to heaven.

2 million in the armed forces

1 million in the reserves

1 million (approximate) in law enforcement

80+ million gun owners(and that's just the registered ones), with enough firearms to arm every man, woman and child in this country. Even if it was just the 80 million, it still would only take a mobilization of 5% to match man to man. Of course this doesn't count the droves of defectors that WOULD occur from the military and police.

This scenario will never happen here, they know it and such an attempt may find the turrents of those tanks facing toward DC, not away from it.

Yes, New Orleans happened, it also left a bitter taste in everyone's mouths. Look how many state legislatures afterwards passed laws expressly prohibiting such a thing from occurring. I can promise you if that had been attempted in Kentucky, it would have been a whole different animal.

All I can say is BRING IT! I WILL NOT go quietly into the night...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast