Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished? - Page 4
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished?

It cost the state of LA a lot of money after the fact. In times of civil strife attempting to disarm me and leave me unable to defend myself and family would lead to me not surrendering my arms without a fight, been in some before in the sixties..

Quote Originally Posted by willigun View Post
    In my opinion, Obama will declare a "National Emergency" and demand all officers of the law to gather all guns and destroy them. The recent "occupy" movement was just a practice. Of course, the elections will also have to be suspended. And then our Dictator will be in control, just like he wants. Just my thoughts.
    With all due respect, how many times have you prophesized similar scenarios in the past only to see them not come to fruition?? No offense but you and several others sound like those doomsday groups who continually predict the end of the world only to see their "day of reckoning" come and go without incident.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by willigun View Post
    In my opinion, Obama will declare a "National Emergency" and demand all officers of the law to gather all guns and destroy them. The recent "occupy" movement was just a practice. Of course, the elections will also have to be suspended. And then our Dictator will be in control, just like he wants. Just my thoughts.
    After Katrina a federal law was enacted which prevents the confiscation of legally owned firearms during or after an emergency.

H.R. 5013, the “Disaster Recovery Personal Protection Act,” was introduced in the House by Congressman Bobby Jindal (LA - 1) and passed the House on July 25, 2006 with a broad bi-partisan margin of 322-99. Senator David Vitter (R-La) introduced the Senate version of the bill and added it as an Amendment to Homeland Security Appropriations, which passed the United States Senate by 84-16, the largest margin of victory for a NRA-backed measure. On October 9, 2006, President George W. Bush signed this legislation into law.

As a U.S. Senator, Obama actually voted in favor of this law, preserving your rights in an emergency.

I hear "Lootie" is his third cousin.

Attachment 4307
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

I am constantly amazed by stupidity or my fellow gun owners...

What with the states (mostly) all allowing the carrying of a weapon, an amendment would be very difficult, if not impossible.

I've heard it said (and have read) that one of the reasons both the Germans and thJapanesese were "reluctant" to invade the U.S. was the number of people who owned firearms. Not sure about the veracity of that though, but I'm sure it would be a consideration in an invasion or confiscation attempt. Of course, the man COULD and "executive order it." Now, THAT would be interesting.
    Who are the militia? Are they not ourselves? Is it feared, then, that we shall turn our arms each man gainst his own bosom. Congress have no power to disarm the militia...Tenche Coxe, The Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788.

Sure you can trust the government, "Just ask an Indian"

They aren't taking our guns. Now everybody sing.

Great song. Looks like positive responses on youtube.

They can wipe their ass with the constitution..er...wait they did that but it doesn't mean we have to abide by the laws they write. Man's laws are designed to enslave and God's laws / Natural Law are what is meant to be. Resistance is not futile, all we have to do is quit playing their game and start hitting their pocket books. In the not too distant future the dung will hit the oscillator and none of it will matter much anyway so get your bug out bag together, keep the powder dry and lock and load
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

11. That's a shame the way the Australian government did their people. Stand up for your American rights! Open Carry!!!

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast