Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished?
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished?

1. Could the 2nd Amendment be abolished?

Just curious if the 2nd Amendment could ever be abolished? Is this possible? I heard Barack ofaggot hates guns.

I wouldn't loose any sleep about it. I'm sure me and most of the others on here would handle it if it happened. ;)
    "The beauty of the 2nd amendment is that it is not needed until they try to take it" -Thomas Jefferson

4. Quote Originally Posted by Paul Landon Jamison View Post
    I wouldn't loose any sleep about it. I'm sure me and most of the others on here would handle it if it happened. ;)
    :) That's good to know.

It would be a major undertaking to officially abolish it, since it's a part of the Constitution. However, just get one more liberal on the Supreme Court and it could easily be ignored.

It will never happen. The Goverment will never fire the CEO of GM, the president will not just sign a bunch of executive orders w/o conferring with congress and a president will never just let his grandmother die to keep her from outing him.

Nope, can't see it happening!

KK

Lavaman, have you read the Constitution? If you have, reread Article 5, which describes the process to amend the Constitution.

If you haven't, why not? I'd assume it's still taught in most local schools in the US Government/Social Studies classes. There are plenty of resources available online as well.

United States Constitution - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

U.S. constitutional amendment process - OpenCongress Wiki

There's even an app for that: https://market.android.com/details?i...itofseventysix
    Bob Mueller
    Blog | Facebook | Flickr

8. Quote Originally Posted by cmhbob View Post
    Lavaman, have you read the Constitution? If you have, reread Article 5, which describes the process to amend the Constitution.

If you haven't, why not? I'd assume it's still taught in most local schools in the US Government/Social Studies classes. There are plenty of resources available online as well.

U.S. constitutional amendment process - OpenCongress Wiki

There's even an app for that: https://market.android.com/details?i...itofseventysix
    Excellent information my friend. Check out this quote: ". In over two-hundred years since the ratification of the Constitution, over 10,000 amendments have been proposed, while only 27 have been added."

Wooh! I can't wait until Barack Obama is out of office.

We do not have the constitution, the will and attitudes of the British, Australia nor Canada. It ain't gonna happen, mate! I reckon it has as much chance as pushing $H*T up the hill if you ask me...
    "Don't let the door hit ya where the dawg shudda bit ya!"
    G'day and Glock
    GATEWAY SWIFT WING ST. LOUIS

These famous words come to my head:

"Ill give you my gun when you pry it from my cold dead hands"

11. Quote Originally Posted by Tucker's Mom View Post
    We do not have the constitution, the will and attitudes of the British, Australia nor Canada. It ain't gonna happen, mate! I reckon it has as much chance as pushing $H*T up the hill if you ask me...
    Hilarious! Would it surprise you if I told about the time I tried pushing **** up a hill? Although it was a dog turd, still difficult :(

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast