State Police violating citizens rights??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: State Police violating citizens rights???

Quote Originally Posted by Nightmare45 View Post
    The price is not the issue here it was the unlawful theft of this mans weapon, price depends on the weapon itself, two of my carry guns are easy $1,200. Get an attorney.
    Yup sue for your time,new gun and attorney fees. I would contact one yesterday if it were me.

I'm retired LEO and I can assure I would retain an attorney to recover my property or cash and would ask for funds for violating my rights!

That is if the story is accurate.

Arkansas State Police have defined a 'journey' - Fort Smith gun rights | Examiner.com
    This is a link to a definition of the Arkansas Journey Law. My brother-in-law was protected from prosecution by this law, as he was outside his normal travel area. I have been trying for 6 months to get him to hire a lawyer and fight this.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    It sounds like the bro in law's rights have been violated and he needs an attorney. I would also have to question why someome without a concealed carry permit was transporting a gun in a vehicle in plain view. I would have at minimum locked it up in a case. I don't know the laws there but that probably would have prevented this from ever happening. I'm not defending what the LEO did...just adding my opinion on the transport of the firearm.
    Rich,
    In some states, notably New Mexico and Colorado, you do NOT need a permit of any kind to have a firearm in your vehicle, in plain view or not.
    Charlie

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Rich,
    I some states, notably New Mexico and Colorado, you do NOT need a permit of any kind to have a firearm in your vehicle, in plain view or not.
    Also true in NC.

File a United State Code 1983 suit! File USC title 18, 241 & 242 crimminal charges against the trooper/angency and instigate an investigation by United Sates Justice into the matter. Peusue this and just maybe this stuff will stop. Demand documintation that the firearm was destroyed. You may find that it was not destroyed.
    The Only Easy Day Was Yesterday

Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Rich,
    I some states, notably New Mexico and Colorado, you do NOT need a permit of any kind to have a firearm in your vehicle, in plain view or not.
    That doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so. Look what happened in the OP.......

From a LEO in TX, if it matters. If your story is accurate I recommend he get an attorney. In Texas you cant destroy property without a reason. It has to be unclaimed after being held for a lengthy amount of time. Even if it is evidence in a case you can file to have it returned through the proper paper work.
    I dont see a police officer violating someones 4th amendment right the blatant, and obvious. Violation of 4th amendment is Fed time. Not worth it.

My two sense for what its worth.
    “Vereor non magus nocens lupus”

www.mysheepdoglife.com

At the time the trooper took his gun, upon conclusion of the stop, I would've immediately contacted the police and reported it stolen.

Quote Originally Posted by luv2shoot View Post
    At the time the trooper took his gun, upon conclusion of the stop, I would've immediately contacted the police and reported it stolen.
    I would still report it as stolen. I would demand a copy of the receipt. When Items are taken they are usually placed in an evidence locker to be used later against you and all items that are stored there have the time, date and the officers name. You can request this information. Most likely the cop kept the firearm for himself since he did not bother to charge you for having it. All this seems to add up to this: no charges, no paper trail, hay how do you like my new 1911?

I would still file a complaint ASAP and get it on record. Don't let this go on any longer.
    Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress;
    but I repeat myself.
    Mark Twain

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast