State Police violating citizens rights??? - Page 3
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: State Police violating citizens rights???

destroyed ya right

I would get a lawyer. May have to have proof that he ever owned the gun now. The officer has a cheap gun collection if this is the way he operates

3. Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    That doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so. Look what happened in the OP.......
    Just to make sure I understand your post.... in states where it is legal to carry a firearm in full view without a recognized CCW and in some states even concealed, a person should not do so simply because a cop may ILLEGALLY confiscate said firearm?!? Really? In America?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S:244282
    Quote Originally Posted by CharlieK View Post
    Rich,
    I some states, notably New Mexico and Colorado, you do NOT need a permit of any kind to have a firearm in your vehicle, in plain view or not.
    That doesn't mean it's a good idea to do so. Look what happened in the OP.......
    In colorado your vehicle I'd considered a extension of your house, so if falls under make my day law. So it doesn't make it a bad dea, lots of people do it that don't want to pay for a permit

5. Quote Originally Posted by Rich_S View Post
    OH my god good logic, the world makes sense to me now.

I will not drive again because it is a bad idea, Someone tried to drive before and they got in a accident.
    I will not keep money anymore it is a bad idea, Someone tried to keep money once and they got robbed.
    I will not dress nice anymore it is a bad idea, Someone tried to dress nice once and was rapped.
    I will not own or rent a house it is a bad idea, Someone owned/rented a house once and it got broken into.
    I will not.... AH you get the point.

Way to blame the victim here, don't we have enough problems fighting the anti's without all this elites holier then tho bull-crap running rampant these days?

Quote Originally Posted by Armed_and_Safe View Post

I will not keep money anymore it is a bad idea, Someone tried to keep money once and they got robbed.?
    Oh the Occupy Wall Street will want to take it away from me!

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Just to make sure I understand your post.... in states where it is legal to carry a firearm in full view without a recognized CCW and in some states even concealed, a person should not do so simply because a cop may ILLEGALLY confiscate said firearm?!? Really? In America?
    In my area it's perfectly legal for me to drive with an unloaded pump action shotgun in plain view sitting on my back seat. However, I will never do so because it's not a good idea. If I get stopped for a simple traffic violation the LEO will likely flush me out of the car and have me on the ground at gun point. At minimum it would turn a simple traffic stop into a long headache. So it's perfectly legal but not a good idea. If I transport the gun in a case locked in a trunk my enjoyable afternoon trip to the range won't turn into an unenjoyable headache. I laugh at the people who say well "I'll keep it on the back seat because I can." Well you go right ahead. I'll keep it out of sight in the trunk because that way I can get to my destination without a hassle. Open carry is also 100% legal here but I never do it because it's not a good idea. You wouldn't last five minutes in public before the police arrive. In a may issue state you don't want the police being called to a firearms incident caused by you. It's a good way to get your permit pulled and lose access to your gun rights. So yes, even though certain things are 100% legal that doesn't make it a good idea to do it.

I will not drive again because it is a bad idea, Someone tried to drive before and they got in a accident.
    I will not keep money anymore it is a bad idea, Someone tried to keep money once and they got robbed.
    I will not dress nice anymore it is a bad idea, Someone tried to dress nice once and was rapped.
    I will not own or rent a house it is a bad idea, Someone owned/rented a house once and it got broken into.
    I will not.... AH you get the point.

Way to blame the victim here, don't we have enough problems fighting the anti's without all this elites holier then tho bull-crap running rampant these days?
    Do you have to keep a firearm in plain view in a vehicle or is it an option to lock it up in the trunk or a locked case? Do you have to own or rent a house or is it a better option to sleep on a park bench? I somehow doubt that the world makes sense to you.

9. Nope the world doesn't make sense to me, I see you are an instructor but I don't understand why. What do you instruct your students? Do you tell them to lock themselves in there house and never leave? Do you tell them not to carry concealed cause if they do a police officer might threaten to execute them like that Ohio cop? I sure hope you don't have to many students.

Most people rely on there instructors if needed to testify on there behalves if they are ever involved in a incident. Most REAL instructors would be happy to testify that the person acted according to there training if they acted according to the law. Unfortunately for your students this does not seem to be the case. You would probably hang them in court saying the should have never carried a weapon cause it is dangerous even tho it is legal. Swear under oath that they didn't have to shoot center mass cause they could have aimed for the hand.

I hope nobody here has the displeasure to pay you for any instructions.

And since you want to make this personal, I'm sure you will question my resume so here it is I am a former military firearms instructor(range officer), NRA pistol/rifle/shootgun instructor, LEO subcontractor.

Have a nice day locked in your basement.
    That is all.

Nope the world doesn't make sense to me, I see you are an instructor but I don't understand why. What do you instruct your students? Do you tell them to lock themselves in there house and never leave? Do you tell them not to carry concealed cause if they do a police officer might threaten to execute them like that Ohio cop? I sure hope you don't have to many students.

Most people rely on there instructors if needed to testify on there behalves if they are ever involved in a incident. Most REAL instructors would be happy to testify that the person acted according to there training if they acted according to the law. Unfortunately for your students this does not seem to be the case. You would probably hang them in court saying the should have never carried a weapon cause it is dangerous even tho it is legal. Swear under oath that they didn't have to shoot center mass cause they could have aimed for the hand.

I hope nobody here has the displeasure to pay you for any instructions.

And since you want to make this personal, I'm sure you will question my resume so here it is I am a former military firearms instructor(range officer), NRA pistol/rifle/shootgun instructor, LEO subcontractor.

Have a nice day locked in your basement.
    That is all.

I instruct them on how to safely transport firearms while staying out of trouble. I could not care less about your resume.

Quote Originally Posted by bukeduke View Post
    My brother-in-law was traveling in Arkansas (he is an Arkansas resident) and had his 1911 with him in his vehicle when he was pulled over by a state trooper for not wearing his seatbelt. The trooper saw the 1911 and took it without giving a receipt for it or telling him why he took it. My brother-in-law was in the process of obtaining his concealed carry permit when this occurred. Arkansas has an old law on the books that is still in effect called the "Journey Law" and under this law my brother-in-law should have been protected by the law to have his 1911 in his vehicle. When he went to court on his ticket he asked about his gun and was told it had been destroyed and to forget about it. Anybody else have any experience with anything like this?
    bukeduke, obviously, only your Brother-in-Law can file the suit. There is a statute of limitations on a case like this and you should find out what it is so you can hold it up in front of him to remind him his rights are going to expire...tick, tick, tick...

Even though this all happened in Arkansas, since it involved law enforcement, you may be able to have it investigated by the FBI. Because of the conflict of interest, the FBI will often supervise investigations or handle them fully if they see that they are not being handled properly locally.

Finally, if it were me, I would first call the ACLU and then any newspaper, radio station or T.V. station at which you can reach a reporter. The ACLU can tell you which rights your BIL had violated and which actions should be taken. Obviously, the reporters can put so much light on the problem they will just pay your BIL to go away. Also, remember that when the attorneys and your BIL submit their expenses to the state for payment when they lose, to include your bill as a "Pre-trial Investigatory Consultant" because if he ever gets this done it will be because of you. :)
    Edmund Burke: “The people never give up their liberties but under some delusion.” – 1784 speech. Taken from Founding Fathers Notes. "The unarmed man is not just defenseless -- he is also contemptible." Machiavelli

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast