safety requirements - Page 6
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast

Thread: safety requirements

1. Hurry up and delete this us here in new york have enough problems with safty,classes and (restriction's). just kidding we require a 5hr. nra safty class.

One of the things that KS ccw instructors have is the discresion to deny somebody a ccw certification for unsafe basic firearms handling.

Yeah but in many states all you have to do is pass a background check.

I think that the requirement should be PERFORMANCE-oriented, not merely the number of hours that they spent asleep in a classroom. I also think that at any time somebody wants to cough up a $1000 bill, the ccw holder should have to RE-DEMONSTRATE that (very high) level of performance, and I think that said performance should be demoed before you get ANy service from the tax-funded go;'vt services. Drivers license, Marriage, divorce, enforcement of contracts or rights, etc. why should my tax $ go to help; ANYONE who can't even be bothered to be able to properly defend themselves, hmm? Some people, with some instructors, can do 3x what another guy, with another teacher, different gear, etc, can do, in the same number of hours of instruction.

6. Quote Originally Posted by alextpearson View Post
    Yeah but in many states all you have to do is pass a background check.
    Like in Washington. And let me tell you, the blood is just running in the streets here due to untrained people carrying guns! (not)
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

I have a better solution. Everybody has to go into the military. Then they would all be trained.

Guns are handed with slide open/bolt back/broke open/cylinders out and no mags/clips/ammo in. I even check my own guns that no one has touched but me. It only takes one OH SH** to ruin one's day.

Firearm training received in the military is, by and large, substandard to the point of criminality. "Can you make bullets come out of the gun? Good, you qualify." Mandatory service, while it may be a worthy idea to explore, will not solve this particular problem.

9. Quote Originally Posted by Providence Ranch View Post
    while it may be a worthy idea to explore, will not solve this particular problem.
    Exactly why "problem" are we attempting to solve? Where is the real world evidence of this "problem" in states that require no training to carry a gun?
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    Exactly why "problem" are we attempting to solve? Where is the real world evidence of this "problem" in states that require no training to carry a gun?
    No problem other than some people want to promote themselves as "Count Safety" I guess.

11. Quote Originally Posted by jg1967 View Post
    No problem other than some people want to promote themselves as "Count Safety" I guess.
    "One, one government regulation, ah, ah, ah..."
    "Two, two government regulations, ah, ah, ah..."
    "Three, THREE government regulations! Ah, ah, ah...."

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast