what should I get next? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: what should I get next?

Yessir! I just got a Kimber Ultra Raptor II. Nice little .45. Nice machine work on the slide and frame to give it that little bit of 'over the top' from most 1911's.

I already had a Springfield and Para, a full size and a fuller size and they are nice. But this Kimber, ah yes!

KK

How about a safe to keep them in?
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

Got one of them too! About to order a bigger'un!

KK

Since you're familiar with Glock, you might try the Glock 21, 30, or 36 - all .45 ACP's. Why relearn a different set of controls, "grip feel" and sight picture, if you can get a reliable weapon in a more effective caliber? An S&W M&P in .45 ACP might also be a good choice, but the Glock will give you access to TREMENDOUSLY more holsters and accessories than other brands, both new and used. Personally, I love my Taurus 24/7 Pro in .45 ACP, but they're not for everybody.
    Dragonbreath
    I'll be carrying a Taurus PT 24/7 Pro .45 or a Kel-Tec P11 9mm, ASP 26" expandable baton or walking cane.

biscotrip I agree with the others, stick with the same platform for carry as your muscle memory will be there for you when you need it. For something with a bit more excitement try a Glock 20! 15+1 and all the power you need! I don't think a 1911 is a bad purchase. If you can be proficient with both and be able to go from one to the other without having to think about what you are doing, go for it. But there are those who can shoot the heck out of a Glock and can't hit the broadside of a barn with a 1911, due to the difference in grip angle. I may catch some flak over this but I have seen it happen. Have fun shopping!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12