Springfield XD series
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield XD series

Springfield XD series

AGI gunsmithing armorers course on the SA XD. Found this on a torrent site called demonoid. There are a certain number of guns covered and I found one on the Springfield XD series. Bob Dunlap is very impressed with this gun and gives it high accolades. Glad I own one and may buy another now. Anyway to download you have to be a member and can only join on Fridays. For anyone that is interested in purchasing a SA XD in 9mm, .40 or .45 do not hesitate they are impressive as I was made aware of in the first 10 minutes.

http://www.demonoid.me/
    Last edited by longslide10; 11-26-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: add on
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

You know of anyone with an xdm9? I can't put a 100 rounds through mine with out a major jam. I take all apart and clean gun. Then its good for another 75 to 100 rounds. White box winchester, american eagle, and reloads, it does not matter. 75 to 100 rounds. Any ideas?

I have had the experience. I know a lot of XDM's that have been sold almost new, because of the same problems.

Theoretically it seems to be a great gun but theoretics don't hit the target.

Talk to more folks who own them and see what the percentages are ,good to bad.

Every maunufacturer will have bad guns but it seems like I see more XDM's sold lately that many others.

I've also heard about bad Kimbers but I seem to have gotten a good one, so far!

KK

5. I have a xdm .40 and have only had 1 failure to eject I use the gun on a swat team so it gets plenty of rounds put through it for practice and all types of ammo.

I use XDm 9 for IDPA and have put over 5000 rounds through it with no problems and it shoots where I point it.

7. I have an XD 40 and have had no issues with it. I have run multiple ammo brands through it with no failures. I'm happy with my purchase.

I've had an xdm9 for over a year, at least couple thousand rounds, several name brands, several types ie full mtl jacket, rd nose etc, jckt hlw pt ., absolutely no issues whatsoever! Handles extremely well, very accurately out if the box. It is all they say it is, if you are having those issues I'd send back to mfg. Must be something else going on ?

Ditto to all of the above. XD40 with over 500 rounds through it and only 1 failure attributed to a load with a bad primer. For me it's a natural pointing gun. Came to the XD from a Glock. Not sorry I did.
    To not stand against injustice is to stand for it.
    Don't confuse my personality and my attitude.
    My personality is who I am, my attitude depends on who you are.

I've had an xd9 since late 07 or early 08 put close to 10 thousand rounds through it and have had no more than 5 malfunctions with it. Maybe its a serial it regional thing.

Quote Originally Posted by rogerw View Post
    You know of anyone with an xdm9? I can't put a 100 rounds through mine with out a major jam. I take all apart and clean gun. Then its good for another 75 to 100 rounds. White box winchester, american eagle, and reloads, it does not matter. 75 to 100 rounds. Any ideas?
    After viewing the dvd Bob finds a potential problem with the magazine to ramp distance that could cause occasional jams. He was going to make a call to SA and mention adding on about .050 material to the end of the mag (at the follower end). Maybe this is what yours may need. Just an idea
    "Those who would trade liberty for security, deserves neither liberty nor security."
    "The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson".

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast