Opinions and stories from people who've actually used the M1/M2 Carbine in combat??? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opinions and stories from people who've actually used the M1/M2 Carbine in combat???

While I do not doubt the stories and experiances, becuase they are truth from the men who were there... I have done some personal testing with my M1 Carbines as of late. Now, I know this really doesn't relate to combat or shooting living tissue but it does give a little more appreciation for the little .30 carbine. At 75 yards(pretty close I know) the .30 Carbine FMJ went through 2-inch thick concrete step stones like they weren't even there... this gives some insight to what the .30 is capable of penetrating. However, this is also the problem I've read... is the round failing to expend its energy IN the target.

Please keep the experiances and stories coming.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanimator View Post
    [*]Don't be afraid to use sarcasm, mockery and humiliation. They don't respect you. There's no need to pretend you respect them.
    Operation Veterans Relief: http://www.opvr.org/home.html

A bud said he saw daylight through a VC from a 50 cal hit and he kept running a bit. Have had three carbines. The first two were stolen and I guard my Underwood now. Fine reliable little shooters for close in work.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12