Am I too paranoid? - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I too paranoid?

1. Quote Originally Posted by Keykutter View Post
    Yes, and his wife told him he was being ridiculous and paranoid.

Your point?

KK
    I'm sorry, I just can't imagine telling my wife to stay at home with the gun rather than walking the dogs with me. That does seem a bit paranoid to me.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

WV, 3rd bridge south, second girder in, deep amidst the shadows
    Et Al,
    Keykutter,
    YOU are an INSTRUCTOR? Please let me know where NOT to send a new handgun owner for training with you.

NavyLCDR,
    Your question is valid from the aware point of view. He did indeed leave his wife with his carry firearm and went out without one apparently. It does appear both he and his wife need a major refresher in why CCW permits are issued and they both need to take the class together, HIM AGAIN.

Living away from the urban centres has not lessened my awareness but continued it, as the majority of the danger has shifted from human to fur bearing with a very hostile attitude on occassion.

"A little paranoia is good for you, they are out to get you."

Take care and be safe
    pfb
    " A congressman with a vote is more dangerous than a redneck with a brand new and loaded gun."

Quote Originally Posted by mercdragon View Post
    Et Al,
    Keykutter,
    YOU are an INSTRUCTOR? Please let me know where NOT to send a new handgun owner for training
    pfb
    A little too blunt for you, huh?

KK

5. Quote Originally Posted by mercdragon View Post
    He did indeed leave his wife with his carry firearm and went out without one apparently.
    That's the way I read the OP.... I still think I must be misunderstanding something.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

WV, 3rd bridge south, second girder in, deep amidst the shadows
    Keykutter,
    Blunt? I prefer Einstien's comment concerning genius and stupidity. Your comment does not exhibit any professionalism as an instructor.

NavyLCDR,
    He also missed his own point. Spouse should be more firearms aware and he should also have been more aware. Both should take a class with a knowledgable and professional instructor. My ex wife being British notwithstanding became an excellent shot after a few sessions with an instructor who understood the difference between holding a class and proper instruction.

Take care and be safe
    pfb
    " A congressman with a vote is more dangerous than a redneck with a brand new and loaded gun."

7. My wife and i live in an upstairs apartment where you have to walk in the door and then go up the stairs. So while downstairs we are still in my apartment. She did notwant to wait for me to put on some proper pants suitable for ccing a firearm. She was just going to go outside by herself in our apartment complex so i decided i woul rather just takr the dogs out without my firearm and make herstay inside with the firearm as i had left it upstairs tryingtobeat her to the door. This is not common practice for me as i almost always carry my CCW. I just happened to have just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready for bead soon so all i had on were gym shorts.

My wife and i have since resolved the issue as i have calmly explained to her my motives and that itwas my responsibility as the man in the household to keep the family safe. Next time ill just take out the dogs a final time before i start gettingready for bed.

Thanks fr all the input.

8. Mercdragon. I really appreciate your trying to help and provide information for my help. However my wife and i are both very familiar with our firearms and know how to use them well. I would never leave her with it alone if it were not the case. Thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ambassador4JC View Post
    My wife and i live in an upstairs apartment where you have to walk in the door and then go up the stairs. So while downstairs we are still in my apartment. She did notwant to wait for me to put on some proper pants suitable for ccing a firearm. She was just going to go outside by herself in our apartment complex so i decided i woul rather just takr the dogs out without my firearm and make herstay inside with the firearm as i had left it upstairs tryingtobeat her to the door. This is not common practice for me as i almost always carry my CCW. I just happened to have just gotten out of the shower and was getting ready for bead soon so all i had on were gym shorts.

My wife and i have since resolved the issue as i have calmly explained to her my motives and that itwas my responsibility as the man in the household to keep the family safe. Next time ill just take out the dogs a final time before i start gettingready for bed.

Thanks fr all the input.
    Ok that makes sense. Bottom line, I don't walk out my door w/out a gun. In a situation similar to your's I would have thrown on a hoodie and put my gun in the pocket.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

My gun is a part of my dress, never without it, unless undressed, and then more than one always in reach. Even though I live in a relatively safe city and in a safer than average area of the city, I'm still never without a gun. Anything can happen, anywhere, anytime. I've never had to use it and hope I never do, but I'll always have it and will practice regularly. I'll always have another one in the car for the same reason.

11. Well, the further explanation certainly makes more sense, at least to me, than the initial OP did.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast