Am I too paranoid? - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Am I too paranoid?

Yes, you are. Could be much worse though...you could be bootsdeal.

3. I got a chuckle from this thread. In my case, my wife is the more "paranoid." She's the ex-cop survivor of a life & death struggle. Though we both go armed, she's the one who reminds me to lock things, not be so trusting, etc. She carries more extra ammo than I do, watches people in public more closely, etc.

BTW, you can carry in almost any clothing if you use a bit of ingenuity. And relaxing at home in robe and slippers is a good time to carry. Trouble often comes to the door at night. Bathrobes have two pockets, strong side for small handgun, weak side for tactical flashlight (knife got added because I use one so often at home). Frankly, I think jogging clothes, robes, nightgowns, etc. may be "inviting" to violent criminals, because a person so dressed appears less likely to be armed.
    “The police of a State should never be stronger or better armed than the citizenry. An armed citizenry, willing to fight is the foundation of civil freedom.” Heinlein

It's in my pocket whenever I go outside with the dogs, even when walking around my own grounds.
    GOD, GUNS and GUITARS

If you live in a bad neighborhood-No, if your neighborhood is good-Yes. Everyone on these sites are always saying that you should always carry no matter where you go regardless of situation. I do agree that you should carry but a lot of people do go overboard. Do these people always carry toilet paper with them in case they might out of the blue need to take a dump. I always think man all these people live in crappy neighborhoods if they have to carry in the shower and everywhere else they go. What about alarm systems? It all comes down th what YOU feel
    comfortable with but since you asked that's my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by jfjfxray View Post
    Everyone on these sites are always saying that you should always carry no matter where you go regardless of situation.
    Carry everywhere or carry nowhere. Dont try to play the odds by carrying only at certain times.

Someone please explain how preparedness equals paranoia! I carry my gun as long as it's legal, period. In fact,
    I'm thinking about getting a backup to my G26- namely a DB9. So, think I'm paranoid? Perhaps, but I don't care what others think.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Carry everywhere or carry nowhere. Dont try to play the odds by carrying only at certain times.
    Great advice...if one is totally bereft of common sense.

On the other hand, you can carry when it is feasible and choose not to at times...just recognize that you are more vulnerable when you don't carry.

It's your life, carry when you wish.

EDIT: Being prepared is never "paranoid"...pulling your gun whenever you hear a sound or firing at shadows is paranoid...

No your not being paranoid, Hell No! My wife & I have had simular disagreements from time to time. Ultimately our compromise was to strategicly hide FA's on each floor of the home & practice quick deployement. She's satisfied with No guns laying around, im satisfied in her safety at home during my absence. Protect your family 1st, workout the indifference later.

Quote Originally Posted by cch35 View Post
    Someone please explain how preparedness equals paranoia! I carry my gun as long as it's legal, period. In fact,
    I'm thinking about getting a backup to my G26- namely a DB9. So, think I'm paranoid? Perhaps, but I don't care what others think.
    If you are prepared, the gov't will consider you a terrorist.

11. My wife got mugged in a shopping Mall, two years ago lost a front tooth face all busted. Best to be paranoid I feel.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast