5 Silly Gun Myths - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 5 Silly Gun Myths

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by localgirl View Post
    I love chaos theory.
    Yeah, but Maxwell Smart and Agent 99 will soon vanquish Chaos!
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

I have got to get me one of those 20k guns. Except, I wouldn't be able to shoot it. Even at .25 a shot that would be 5k. OUCH! My ammo budget would be FUBAR! For that matter, so would gun purchases for the next 5 years. LOL

Psalm 82:3-5

Quote Originally Posted by tuts40 View Post
    That one I had to like for the Agent 99 and Chaos reference. Maxwell Smart did not live up to his name.

That's, um, a...oh, never mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Its always bugged me watching action movies because I noticed every time there is a gun, there has to be what I always called a "dramatic cocking" of the gun.
    When I see this I always think "oh, there wasn't a round already in the pipe??". Silly. That's why my 12ga at home is always charged. If I ever need it there'll be no "dramatic cocking" that alerts the perp to my whereabouts or my level of preparedness. If he's lucky he'll hear the faint click as I switch from "safe" to "fire".
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Quote Originally Posted by B2Tall View Post
    When I see this I always think "oh, there wasn't a round already in the pipe??". Silly. That's why my 12ga at home is always charged. If I ever need it there'll be no "dramatic cocking" that alerts the perp to my whereabouts or my level of preparedness. If he's lucky he'll hear the faint click as I switch from "safe" to "fire".
    Amen to that brother. Think about it, a Mossberg 500 like mine holds 5+1 shells. In a shooting situation, you cant afford to drop even just 1 of those 6 shells on the ground. So in the movies, they either walk around trying to be all cool without a loaded chamber, or they walk around with a loaded chamber but they are stupid and decide to throw 1 of their 6 rounds on the ground to look cool. I dont get it, but then again, I dont make movies.

8. I know what you're thinking, did he fire 6 times or only 5. To tell you the truth, I lost track myself. But, being that this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky"?, well, do ya, punk.

But Maxwell is too often stuck in the "Cone of Silence".

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Its always bugged me watching action movies because I noticed every time there is a gun, there has to be what I always called a "dramatic cocking" of the gun. I also love counting how many rounds they shoot before reloading. I think Dirty Harry is the only one that doesnt shoot 10+ rounds out of a 6 shot revolver.
    I used to get a kick out of old black and white cowboy movies wherein the "white hatted" GG would get into a protracted gun battle with the "black hatted" BGs and never have to pause for reloading. (..and they didn't even have speedloaders back then either.)

Best of all were those miraculous pistol shots at 200 yards range, at a moving target on horseback, that brought down the BG, DOA!

DAMN! Dem was some "BAAAAAD [butt]!" shooters. Ya betcha! LOL!

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Quote Originally Posted by OpenCarryYes View Post
    I know what you're thinking, did he fire 6 times or only 5. To tell you the truth, I lost track myself. But, being that this is a 44 magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world and can blow your head clean off, you have to ask yourself, "Do I feel lucky"?, well, do ya, punk.
    GOTCHA! I have a Taurus .357 Tracker seven shooter. Takes all the "worry" out of that scenario! "Range" not a factor and all...... (Nyuk Nyuk!)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast