5 Silly Gun Myths
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 5 Silly Gun Myths

5 Silly Gun Myths

(Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Another myth could be when someone gets shot and either gets knocked off their feet or goes flying backwards. Full metal jackets will pass through the body almost every time. Hollow points do have great stopping power, but even those won't send someone flying through the air.

Off of I-80 between Des Moines and Cheyenne
    Blog Entries
    My favorite "aint so" is how gunfire, especially indoors, does not affect the shooters hearing or those around the shooter, whether one shot or an ongoing blastorama! ...My wife probably quietly waits for that comment I'll bet, think i'll stop mentioning it. :-)
    1)"When injustice becomes law, resistance becomes duty." -Thomas Jefferson.
    2)"Imagine how gun control might be stomped if GOA or SAF had the (compromising) NRA's 4 million members!" -Me. http://jpfo.org/filegen-n-z/nraletter.htm

That was pretty good. Thank you for sharing.

The funny thing...the very first section says "exploding" gun powder is very loud...Correct me if I'm wrong...but the gun powder burns it does not explode correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Drunkbeater View Post
    Another myth could be when someone gets shot and either gets knocked off their feet or goes flying backwards. Full metal jackets will pass through the body almost every time. Hollow points do have great stopping power, but even those won't send someone flying through the air.
    I was a bit surprised that this one wasn't on the list. While channel-surfing the other night I came accross the movie "Last Man Standing" with Bruce Willis. I tuned in just in time to see a man who had been shot by a pistol get lifted off his feet and blown back 20+ feet. Isaac Newton must be rolling in his grave! I laughed and changed the channel (dumb movie in any case).

Oddly enough, the first picture in the article shows another Hollywood gun "faux pas" - a revolver with a silencer on it. Even if silencers did work as well as Hollywood seems to think they do, it wouldn't do jack for a revolver.
    (Insert random tough-guy quote here)
    "See my gun?? Aren't you impressed?" - Anonymous sheepdog
    The hardware is the same, but the software is vastly different.

Heh heh. Awesome.

Hey, localgirl: Your D.C. quote is the basis of "Chaos Theory". (Not to mention Murphy's Law.)

Another gun "myth": If you don't take proper aim, you will myth! (Ba da boom! Tiissssshhhh! [Drum roll, cymbal shot!])

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Its always bugged me watching action movies because I noticed every time there is a gun, there has to be what I always called a "dramatic cocking" of the gun. I also love counting how many rounds they shoot before reloading. I think Dirty Harry is the only one that doesnt shoot 10+ rounds out of a 6 shot revolver.

Quote Originally Posted by Grognard Gunny View Post
    Hey, localgirl: Your D.C. quote is the basis of "Chaos Theory". (Not to mention Murphy's Law.)

Another gun "myth": If you don't take proper aim, you will myth! (Ba da boom! Tiissssshhhh! [Drum roll, cymbal shot!])

GG
    I love chaos theory.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast