During a gun fight, does the military use ear protection? - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: During a gun fight, does the military use ear protection?

Quote Originally Posted by hotti View Post
    yep, that's what you were, for not checking out what was available, trusting the military to "provide" for your needs is a big mistake. Like the lack of cleaning/lube gear for M16's in Nam, like the lack of armor early on in Iraq, like the guys using OIL in the desert, on M16's, instead of dry graphite. Take your own WITH you, when they tell you that you are being deployed. Personally, when I was to be shipped overseas in 1972, I took a 380 Llama and some reloads with me to Oakland air base, but the military pulled a fast one on me and I wound up not getting the pistol on board the plane with me, after all.
    Serious question guy, why do all your posts sound like you are totally pissed off/
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

3. I've seen some YouTube videos of some soldiers using generic soft earplugs, and I'm seeing more use electronic ear muffs and plugs being used but it's where it should be.

I hate it when I go to the microwave, thinking my meal is done only to be disappointed I have to wait another thirty-seconds.

My 45 is very loud but my .357 mag will do that to you with your ear protection on. I like to shoot it at the range just to watch everyone lay down their guns and look to see who brought the hand cannon. LOL.(my .357 Rossie is too big/long/heavy to carry anyway)

But seriously You have to be able to hear when in combat of any kind, so you just might have ringing for a couple a days its better than a coffin. I think You need to hear your gun shoot without ear protection so you are not freaked by how loud it is and get distracted when you do have to shoot. Of course that is not in a closed range, but outside in the open air with no one else shooting, so you can know what to expect. Shooting at indoor range without ear protection can really hurt you, as you found out. Shooting indoors is always going to be louder, So remember that if you have to get up in the middle of the night and protect your home, that any shot is going to be louder than probably anything you have ever heard, be ready and don't drop your weapon.
    CrowSnake
    CCW Holder Mo. - NRA - USCCA - HOG
    .45 Taurus Millennium Pro PT 145 - Ruger LCP .380

Quote Originally Posted by crowsnake View Post
    I think You need to hear your gun shoot without ear protection so you are not freaked by how loud it is and get distracted when you do have to shoot.
    Without question the worst advice I have ever heard, All it takes is oneexposure to a gunshot to do permanent damage to your hearing. The damage is cummulative it does not heal.

Every time some brain dead individual (who still has their hearing) suggests this a bunch of us old timers who have lost their hearing doing exactly what this guy is suggesting warn the rest of you not to listen to the yahoo.

I'm warning you again

Do not ever fire your weapon without hearing protection unless there is no other option.
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Fact is, as noted, every single time you fire a weapon without hearing protection you will have hearing damage, as noted every time you will you shot without hearing protection you will diminish hearing.

7. My dad and I were just discussing this the other day. We were wearing plugs and my son's .243 was still pretty loud. We were wondering what it must have been like to be on the beach on D-Day for example.

8. I was issued hearing protection in the Army. Of course they didn't always get used.

When in the Marines, we wore ear pro at the range. On the M82A3 (.50 cal SASR) it was required for both the plugs and muffs to be worn. In Iraq in 03... ear pro was rather down on the list. I have some hearing loss, but it give me an excuse when I tell the wife I didn't hear her. Now at the range I will ALWAYS wear it, and I ensure that all of my students wear it as well.
    Security is your concern. Helping you provide it is ours.
    www.oramsecurity.com
    USMC Scout Snipers - Stealth, Silence, Precision Violence

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345