Hornady - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hornady

This whole thing about "overkill" is the biggest bull sh** Ive ever heard. Its right up there with some of the things the liberals spit out on national TV.

If I have to kill somebody to save my life, I sure as hell am going to use the most powerful and effective round I can. If an idiot DA thinks a hollow point can be "overkill", how about I just use my 12 gauge shotgun instead? Wonder what they would say about that.

When my life is in danger Im not going to wait until my heart is about to stop beating before pulling I pull out pepper spray, and then wait until I am bleeding out and in shock before I dare touch a not "overkill" gun like using a .22 with ratshot, and then as I feel my self dying, then and only then pull out maybe a .25 auto. God forbid we "overkill" the person trying to stab us to death.
    Last edited by Deserteagle; 12-02-2011 at 03:57 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle:247812
    This whole thing about "overkill" is the biggest bull sh** Ive ever heard. Its right up there with some of the things the liberals spit out on national TV.

If I have to kill somebody to save my life, I sure as hell am going to use the most powerful and effective round I can. If an idiot DA thinks a hollow point can be "overkill", how about I just use my 12 gauge shotgun instead? Wonder what they would say about that.

When my life is in danger Im not going to wait until my heart is about to stop beating before pulling I pull out pepper spray, and then wait until I am bleeding out and in shock before I dare touch a not "overkill" gun like using a .22 with ratshot, and then as I feel my self dying, then and only then pull out maybe a .25 auto. God forbid we "overkill" the person trying to stab us to death.
    Well that's what I told him amd after a second he realized what he just told me made no sense

Smile over kill and the DA

On the lighter side of this. What is the DA or anyone else going to say about over kill if your mag is full of Hornady Zombie Max. I had no idea I would have to use my firearm on a person trying to hurt me or my family. I'm just trying to protect myself from them Zombies. You never know.

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    That answer is pretty lame I think, now I recall the Black Tallon Ammo. being called Cop killers and it being banned in some Cities. But even when I went to trial the D.A. never said anything about the Hornady TAP Ammo. I had in my Glock23 .40S&W. He just kept telling the jury I had a dangerous weapon, and if it had gone off it could have killed someone. It did not work as I was found not guilty.
    I do recall in Arizona that guy with the 10mm Kimber who shot the guy walking his dogs. The D.A. made a big deal about it being a 10mm. The jury convicted him, but I don't think the caliber had anything to do with him being found guilty.
    Harold Fish case? Harold Fish Defense
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Hornady ammunition is one of the best production ammo available. overkill my ass. if hollow points are that bad, then why do LEO carry them in their service pistols? sounds like the guy at the sporting goods store dont know his ass from a hole in the ground. its like going to home depot and asking the idiots there how to hang a garage door. aint gunna happen. hollow points are proven man stoppers, and offer better stopping power in all calibers vs. fmj, with the much less likely chance of over-penetration. i carry hornady ammo in all my weapons. its quality stuff.
    "You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore."

Quote Originally Posted by rifleshooter474 View Post
    That answer is pretty lame I think, now I recall the Black Tallon Ammo. being called Cop killers and it being banned in some Cities.
    Ummm, no.

The first shooting which brought critical media attention to Black Talon was by Gian Luigi Ferri, who used Black Talon and other ammunition to shoot 15 people at a San Francisco law office in 1993; nine of whom died. Dr. Boyd Stevens, the San Francisco Medical Examiner who performed the autopsies, later reported at the 1994 International Wound Ballistics Association's conference in Sacramento that the wound trauma caused by Black Talons was unremarkable and that all victims died due to penetration of a vital structure.[6]

In 1993 Winchester removed the ammunition from public sale,[12] and eventually law enforcement began using the re-branded Ranger SXT line of the same basic design, but at no time was Black Talon ammunition illegal to possess.

Black Talon - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

Hornady works well for me

Quote Originally Posted by fudo View Post
    I use Hornady CD ammo in my BUG and HD shotgun. When I carry my Colt New Agent I carry Hardball to prevent any feeding problems. If anybody asks why you're carrying hardball that is your answer. Also.45ACP hardball rarely causes a through and through wound, USUALLY dumping all of their energy in the target.
    Fudo, I thought the military "Hard Ball" ammo was a 230gr Full Metal Jacket. As I recall they are non expanding, so how will they dump all there energy and not make a through and through wound?

Hornady's Critical Duty line of ammunition is a far better choice than their anemic critical defense line. And you have to SURVIVE the gunfight to even worry about dickhead prosecutors.

"It's easier to avoid conflict than it is to survive it" - SGB

I feel that Hornady will get the job done, period. I use WWB, etc. for the range.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast