Bought a Heritage Safe yesterday. Advice on bolting it down to concrete - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bought a Heritage Safe yesterday. Advice on bolting it down to concrete

1. Well I sure wish you a lot of good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Deserteagle View Post
    Oh so now the truth comes out. Because you hate Navy so much, you hate me now too because Navy and I agree 50% of the time huh? I dont care what your opinion is, you tore apart my advice to the OP rather than give him your own advice. Attacking a person instead of an idea/opinion on an internet forum is a class keyboard commando. Welcome to my ignore list.
    Hate? Where does that come from? Thats a little strong isn't it?

Just because I think some folks are 'know it all's' and think they have the solution to everyone's problem, and don't respect other's opinions when stated as opinions, not facts, as they themselves do in every instance, you are still not a blip on my 'hate radar'.

I just think you two are two young guys who still have a lot of growing up to do, you more than Navy. There may be no hope for him.

But, please don't think I hate you just because you confuse opinion with 'this is the only right way' like you two do.

I come here for entertainment from you guys and good information from a lot of others. Most nights I go to sleep laughing at you two kissing up to each other, and lately also 'Kathy in Blue'. Carefull DE, he's starting to flirt more with her than with you:):) You may be getting ready to be replaced:):).

Hate!!!!!!! How silly is that??????

KK

Ok guys lets get back on topic.

My idea for mounting a serious safe:

Paint the bottom with bedliner up to the bottom of the door. Raise the safe 3-4" (weather treated 4X4 blocks). Place bolts through the safe from the inside. Add a PVC sleeve, washer/plate and nut over each bolt so the nut is resting on the existing floor. Build a concrete form around the safe extending out 6-12" wider than the safe, add rebar. Pour concrete under and around the safe up to 1/2" below the door.

The nut/washer/plate will be permanently in the concrete and the PVC sleeve will allow removal of the bolt from the inside. Pouring concrete up past the edge of the safe will prevent getting a prybar under the safe and add ~600-1000# of mass.

Nothing will keep determined thieves out. A couple 6' pry bars and a 4" grinder will open any safe on the market.

Quote Originally Posted by Jes:248558
    My idea for mounting a serious safe:

Paint the bottom with bedliner up to the bottom of the door. Raise the safe 3-4" (weather treated 4X4 blocks). Place bolts through the safe from the inside. Add a PVC sleeve, washer/plate and nut over each bolt so the nut is resting on the existing floor. Build a concrete form around the safe extending out 6-12" wider than the safe, add rebar. Pour concrete under and around the safe up to 1/2" below the door.

The nut/washer/plate will be permanently in the concrete and the PVC sleeve will allow removal of the bolt from the inside. Pouring concrete up past the edge of the safe will prevent getting a prybar under the safe and add ~600-1000# of mass.

Nothing will keep determined thieves out. A couple 6' pry bars and a 4" grinder will open any safe on the market.
    Throw in some Claymores, attack dogs and a self destruct and you should be good.

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Warbirds View Post
    Throw in some Claymores, attack dogs and a self destruct and you should be good.
    Great, but you would be scooping up dogsh*t next to your claymores and setting off the self destruct.

The concrete pedestal I described would cost about $80-100 and take 2-3hrs if you rent a concrete mixer. Just trying to help the OP...

8. Old thread, but since I came here researching some stuff and saw it, I thought I'd add to it.

A chief reason to bolt down a safe, isn't just to keep crooks from hauling it off, (though it has happened), it's to keep them from tipping it over, where they can get an advantage and more effectively use pry bars, cutting tools, even fire axes on them. Trust me, I know.

So yes, bolt down even the heavy ones, preferably in a closet, or in a corner.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123