I got a text last night - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: I got a text last night

Wow, you guys certainly have jumped to a lot of conclusions based only on the content of a single text message. I at least would have called the person back(during a reasonable time, of course), and heard their voice before deciding whether or not to conduct business with them.

Quote Originally Posted by -06:248062
    Could just see his dreadlocks swinging. Selling to him would be hazardous to someone's health.
    Funny...I was thinking white trash wannabe. Oh, well...

4. Personally I only sell any guns to a gun store, since they have to keep records of it. That way if some on buys and uses it in a crime, they *shouldn't* come looking for me. I may not get as much as a private sale, but usually I am trading in on something new , so I am ok with it.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Cotillion View Post
    Comments?
    I can't believe how many people are willing to negatively judge "jay" by one text message. You should be ashamed of yourselves. He might be a very upstanding member of his community, a wonderful father, and all around good guy!

That being said, no way in hell would I answer the text, meet him, or sell him a gun. I am ashamed of myself, but I can live with it.... :-)

Quote Originally Posted by titaniumman View Post
    YO YO Coti....dat was me!!! Meeat me behind the 7-11.. I will Have "2" kinds of "green" wit me...No what I meen BUD!! You name the time...Ill be dere...
    You forgot to mention meeting at 4:20 in the afternoon.
    Anyone who says, "I support the 2nd amendment, BUT"... doesn't. Element of Surprise: a mythical element that many believe has the same affect upon criminals that Kryptonite has upon Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLCDR View Post
    You forgot to mention meeting at 4:20 in the afternoon.
    Good point lol. Except 4:20 is for marijuana. Im sure this guy is on something a little harder... crack, meth, combination?

7. He actually called me the next day. I accidently answered because another person was coming to look at the gun and they both had 503 area codes. I literally could not understand half of what he said so I just waited for him to stop talking and said sorry sir its sold and Hung up.

To the people saying shame on everyone for judging, I agree I dislike judging people. I have many flaws myself. Unfortunately judgment needs to be used when it comes to firearms sales. Local FTF sales are legal in Oregon and registration isn't needed but you still have to use some discretion and had I actually sold to that guy I would most likely spend time thinking about and hoping he isn't as ignorant as he sounded and won't hurt anybody. Most of the selling/trading I do is on a forums like this one but strictly Oregon/Washington and everyone has a rating so you have a general idea on who you're dealing with. This last gun was taking forever to sell unfortunately so I listed it on the other site, which I might add ill never do again!

I have a very bad habit "I don't sell guns" I'm 57 years old and have sold two guns in my life, and they were sold to friends, so I cannot give any advice there, but I'm sure you made the right decision about not selling to this person.

I would never feel bad when judging someone in this type of transaction! Imagine if he had left and utilized the weapon to commit robbery of shot someone...Trust me, you would feel a lot worse than you do about judging him.
    Thank you for taking the responsible route!

I never sell any that I have. I have given a couple to my father though.

10. I do a lot of selling/trading to come up without to much out of pocket. I started off with a kel tec pf9 that I paid 250 for out the door. Through trading and selling I now have 900 dollars to spend, which will be going towards a springfield xd sub compact and a remington 870. Hopefully I won't get the trade itch after that

My local range owner/gun dealer is a retired LEO. When I want to sell one (as happens upon occasion) he takes it on, on a consignment basis.

One way to insure that the gun ends up in hands unlikely to foment evil. (.. and precludes me from doing something illegal concerning the sale of the weapon.)

GG
    Fanatics of any sort are dangerous! -GG-
    Which part of "... shall NOT be infringed..." confuses you?
    Well now, aren't WE a pair, Raggedy Man? (Thunderdome)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast