Training programs

Thread: Training programs

Training programs

I am looking for a training program for a carry license. Does anyone have any experience with Front Sight in NV? Any suggestion on other people that will train. I live near San Diego. Thanks in advance.
    Sheep Dog

double post. :(
    Last edited by Quiet; 03-26-2008 at 04:36 AM.

Front Sight is an excellent firearms training facility and I highly recommend it.
    There is an ongoing thread in the Training forum about Front Sight.
    If you look on Ebay you can find 4-day training certificates for around $100 and at that price, it's a crime not to go.

If you are willing to travel up to the LA area, check out TFTT. I've heard good stuff from them from the Inland Empire NRA member's council.

If you are willing to travel to Orange County, check out Greg Block. Really good firearms instructor and recommend over at www.calccw.com.

Have you been to Iron Sights in Oceanside? It's an indoor range that offers basic handgun safety, defensive pistol and CCW classes.

Good luck with getting a CCW permit in Riverside County.
    The new RSO Sherrif (Sherrif Stan Sniff) is an unknown on CCW issuance.

Front Sight is a great place for CCW training. I'm a life member there and I can't wait for my next trip there. I took 4 day defensive handgun. Instructors there are terrific and will give you the personal attention you need.

If you haven't already done so, order their FREE DVD www.frontsight.com

Front Sight also offers a course specific for 30 state CCW--the course includes help in applying for the various permits.

Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    I am looking for a training program for a carry license. Does anyone have any experience with Front Sight in NV? Any suggestion on other people that will train. I live near San Diego. Thanks in advance.
    If you are planning on getting a CCW in San Diego, you need to take it from a approved trainer. FS is not one of them.
    "A kind word only goes so far, a kind word and a gun goes a lot further" 1924
    Be Safe, Be Confident, Get Trained! Copyrighted 1996
    [email protected]