Non-Resident Permit Timeframes

Thread: Non-Resident Permit Timeframes

Non-Resident Permit Timeframes

Hi,
    I joined this site a couple of months ago. At the time I was looking in to non-resident permits since I am a Vermonter and I travel a lot (we don't need permits here, but consequently, no other states recognize our right to carry).

I just received my New Hampshire non-resident permit. It took 8 weeks (their web site says 3 weeks), but it was easy and cheap ($20.00). It doesn't cover all the states I travel in, so I will need others. I'm thinking Utah and Florida. Anyone have experience with the timeframes required in these states?

Thanks.
    Last edited by kskgeos; 03-28-2008 at 11:16 AM. Reason: spelling error

I think Utah is running about 6 weeks, which is fast for them (mine took 4 1/2 months last year). That's bad news about NH since I sent mine in 2 weeks ago. I've heard of people getting NH permits back in as little as 8 days in the past.

my original utah permit was received in about a month. I am in the process of renewal right now. it has been 2 weeks since I have sent in all the paper work. I just called them to confirm that they have even received my application and they could not tell me that they have. they said that it is most likely in a bin of mail that has not been gotten to yet... so who knows how long it will take this time.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I applied for a FL permit (as a resident of NJ). Stated time frame was up to 90 days, though I got mine in a little under 60.

6. My nonresident Florida permit took close to 90 days but it is widely accepted.