Disparity of force???? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Disparity of force????

gasoline won't cost you near as much as a defense attorney.
    Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

This kind of "grey area" scenario is exactly why I can't wait to take Front Sight's empty hand defense course. I am fairly sure of my empty hand skills with someone my own size, but you never really know how good they are until it's over. One thing I might try to do is get in my vehicle or keep it between the suspicious guy and myself.

Only when our arms are sufficient, without doubt, can we be certain, without doubt, that they will never be employed....... John F. Kennedy
    Life Member NRA Life Member Marine Corps League

RUN. I really don't know what I would do. I appreciate the posting of this article. It has really made me think. In my interpretation of TN recently passed Castle Doctrine I would be ok in protecting myself. However, my interpretation means nothing. I know prior to the Castle Doctrine I would have had to run. I now know I need to do some research on TN's laws in this area. Unfortunately, it seems TN tries to hide these laws. It is very difficult to get an answer from the state about such issues.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

6. Exit the area fast. At the very least, shooting an unarmed man will land you in court defending your freedom.
    Either that or take a beating for a little while, then defend yourself.

Just my opinion, I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by robiewan View Post
    In Utah this is easy. If he doesn't respond and the threat is there, pull your weapon and let him know you are serious. If he continues then you may fire. In Utah balled fists are the same as any other weapon. If the threat is perceived, and the perp refuses to back off you are within your rights to do what is necessary. Hundreds of things may be considered weapons, fists are just another of those. In the "hands" of someone bent upon doing you harm you are within your rights to defend yourself.
    Especially if the fists on a 6'-10", 300 lb. guy are the size of your face.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    RUN. I really don't know what I would do. I appreciate the posting of this article. It has really made me think. In my interpretation of TN recently passed Castle Doctrine I would be ok in protecting myself. However, my interpretation means nothing. I know prior to the Castle Doctrine I would have had to run. I now know I need to do some research on TN's laws in this area. Unfortunately, it seems TN tries to hide these laws. It is very difficult to get an answer from the state about such issues.
    To my knowledge, TN never had a "duty to retreat" law. Just be confident you could prove to a prosecutor or jury that you were justified.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12