• No Round Chambered, Safety Off

6 7.89%
  • Other

9 11.84%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: What are your carry variables?

1. Quote Originally Posted by mark555 View Post
    “NO round chambered safety on” I would look into carrying an asp if you someone that concerned about a negligent discharge.
    How nice. As was mentioned, being an insulting jerk about other peoples chosen methods has been moved to another thread.

3. Make Mine Chambered, Please

All,

My Glock 19, Kahr K9, or MK9 or KelTec are all carried with a chambered round. My Darling Bride also carries her Sig P239 the same way.

YMMV,

John

4. I carry a Kahr 9mm or Sprinfield XD .40 cal. Both are point and shoot. Gun always ready, no manual safety to fool with.:D

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    How nice. As was mentioned, being an insulting jerk about other peoples chosen methods has been moved to another thread.
    Why would you consider sound sound advice a Insult?, If you are going to carry a firearm, at least carry it in a fashion that could just save your life.
    You can run, But you only get caught tired

6. Round chambered, safety off. I usually carry my CZ RAMI DA like a revolver, although I could carry it "cocked and locked" like a 1911 as it does have a manual safety. I just feel a little more comfortable with the DA. Plus, I shoot lefty and the safety is on the right and that just gets too awkward.
    "Though defensive violence will always be 'a sad necessity' in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrongdoers should dominate just men." St. Augustine A.D. 354-430

-LP

7. Respect

Quote Originally Posted by big dog View Post
    Why would you consider sound sound advice a Insult?, If you are going to carry a firearm, at least carry it in a fashion that could just save your life.
    Nope, but I do consider giving advice with childish, derogatory comments to be an insult, as well as completely disregarding and dismissing as stupid the opinions of others when they differ from yours.
    Carrying a loaded firearm on your person is carrying it in a fashion that could save your life. Someone carrying unchambered is not someone carrying, say, in the locked glovebox of their car two blocks away.

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Nope, but I do consider giving advice with childish, derogatory comments to be an insult, as well as completely disregarding and dismissing as stupid the opinions of others when they differ from yours.
    Carrying a loaded firearm on your person is carrying it in a fashion that could save your life. Someone carrying unchambered is not someone carrying, say, in the locked glovebox of their car two blocks away.
    You must be reading a lot in to whats being said, what so derogatory and stupid about carry a firearm in a manner that basically renders it useless?.... You can carry it any way you want, its your life. I am sure that some people could drive a car with out a steering wheel, but I wouldn't recommended that either.
    You can run, But you only get caught tired

9. Just remember the best safety is between your ears.
    Reputation is what people think you are. Character is who you really are.
    Take care of your character and your reputation will take care of itself.
    ------------------------------------------------
    Also known as "Hunter" on www.utahconcealedcarry.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by big dog View Post
    You must be reading a lot in to whats being said, what so derogatory and stupid about carry a firearm in a manner that basically renders it useless?.... You can carry it any way you want, its your life. I am sure that some people could drive a car with out a steering wheel, but I wouldn't recommended that either.
    Comments like "why bother, just carry a stick or a sap and call 911" is derogatory. Carrying a loaded firearm in an easily accessible manner is, in no way, rendering it useless.

11. Quote Originally Posted by big dog View Post
    You might as well carry a big stick or rock!, if you aren't able to handle a loaded weapon with out scaring your self you better learn how to dial 911 and leave it up to the police to save you...........
    Or, in particular, THAT was insulting and derogatory.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast