Obama says no concealed firearms!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Obama says no concealed firearms!

Obama says no concealed firearms!

Senator Obama said on Tuesday, “I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.”

http://www.ccrkba.org/pub/rkba/press....americans.htm

This is outrageous and we need to send Senator Obama a message. Please go to his website and flood him with emails.

http://my.barackobama.com/page/s/contact2

Here is the text of my email. Anyone that wants to is welcome to copy it in full or just use parts. Please send the Senator a note. This is a serious deal.

I am writing to express my concern regarding your comments about citizens legally carrying concealed weapons. The Pittsburgh Tribune-Review quoted you as stating, “I am not in favor of concealed weapons. I think that creates a potential atmosphere where more innocent people could (get shot during) altercations.” I find this ignorant and offensive. As a law abiding citizen that carries a concealed weapon every day, I can state that the only person that will ever be shot with my firearm is a criminal that attempts to prey on myself or my family. Prohibiting civilians from being able to carry concealed firearms prevents them from the God-given right to defend their lifes from criminals that would prey on us. For years now, violent crime has decreased as a result of citizens carrying concealed firearms. Instances of shooting or accidents coming from citizens such as myself carrying a concealed firearm are RARE! It is statistically dramatically higher for a criminal to be shot by a concealed firearm permit holder, than for what you call “innocent people” to be shot by a legal concealed firearm permit holder. The courts have long ago decreed that law enforcement has no legal obligation to protect me or my family individually. Eliminating my right to carry a concealed firearm also eliminates my right to defend myself. This is outrageous and morally wrong. The places in the country that have the highest crime rate (ie. CHICAGO, Washington D.C.) have the strictest gun control laws in the nation. These gun control laws have only served to disarm the people that criminals prey on, thus giving criminals easier targets. I would ask you to rethink your position on citizens such as myself carrying concealed weapons and acknowledge us for the crime deterent that we serve as. Eliminating the right of law abiding citizens to carry concealed firearms will only make citizens easier targets for criminals. It will only increase crime.

Obama is a twit.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

I will send him a message all right. Come November I will send him one good message.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Here's the comment that I just sent him.

I am deeply offended by your recent remarks concerning law-abiding citizens and concealed carry. If you look at the statistics from any state that has enacted concealed carry laws (48 so far), you will see that violent crime has decreased in all of them since the law was adopted. Those of us who carry concealed firearms because we refuse to be victims, are part of the solution, not the problem. Thank you for your time.

And, I agree with toreskha, He is a Twit!

I agree with toreskha.........................
    Glock Carrier in SC.

MufDady

Be prepared for the response. I've written to the Obama campaign before and was thereafter deluged by emails such as "Thanks for your support!" and "We won Alabama because of people like you!". It wasn't until I let all semblance of civility go and responded by "dog-cussing" him that I finally quit receiving e-mails.

I sent a comment anyway, if for no other reason than to give myself an excuse to lay into them again later.

One thing is for sure, you can not argue with an IDIOT!
    DrLewall
    "Doc"
    Drakes Creeks, AR
    www.kiltsrock.com
    "A gun unloaded and cocked aint good for nuttin!"--Rooster Cogburn

I got a little carried away...lol

I take issue with Barack Obama's recent comments that he would prefer that the human right of self-defense be infringed upon by preventing legally licensed individuals from carrying firearms. This is not just be a legal question, but a moral one. To strip someone of their ability to fight back against aggressors is a sin against both God and humanity.

Mr. Obama is either seriously deluded, or has a feeling of malice towards the people of the United States. On what grounds does Obama justify the abrogation of a Constitutional right? Obama seems to "feel" a lot - but rarely does he seem to bring statistics and facts to bear in arguments. The phenomenon of CWP holders (who are trained, qualified and responsible) overwhelmingly preventing crime, rather than causing it, is well-documented and backed by decades of quantifiable evidence.

Barack Obama seems to be making quite a few statements out of popular ignorance, rather than any sort of logical or reasoned thought. This is similar to the scare tactics used by any other limelight-holder on the issues of sharks, marijuana, SARS, tattoos, cell phones while driving, "gang members," etc, ad infinitum, ad nauseum.

If Mr. Obama wants change, please ask him to look in my couch.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Quote Originally Posted by DrLewall View Post
    One thing is for sure, you can not argue with an IDIOT!
    Amen! What gets me is how many brainwashed college students thinks he's a god.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

This guy is a true liberal, that is showing his true colors. Just wondering if his body guards carry concealed. As far as brainwashed college students, remember that since kindergarten they have be taught, not to question or think for yourself but believe what you are told. Also that the government will take carry of you. This man is a hypocrite and a danger.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast