People Don't Learn

Thread: People Don't Learn

People Don't Learn

Well here's another one... Tasers are illegal in Michigan, but they're trying to change it. According to the article, there are still some LEO's out there that see nothing but mass mayhem if 'we' civilians are allowed tasers.

"My gut reaction is that it will open a can of worms," Birmingham Police Chief Richard Patterson said. "A Taser could be used in a heated escalation of, say, road rage with people yelling at each other. A guy may be thinking 'Well, I can't kill him, but I can zap him,' and then he goes and does it."

http://www.detroitnews.com/apps/pbcs...TICS/804080382
    Last edited by skipjack_1st; 04-08-2008 at 12:04 PM.

They do not want anyone to be able to protect themselves in any way. I guess they feel like this is taking their power away from them.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Just like everyone said the "streets were going to flow with blood", "Its going to turn into the wild west", "People are going to be shooting each other over parking spots", ect. Well hate to tell them but I have not seen any shootouts at high noon or any rivers of blood.

Usually people that say that kind of stuff only say that because they don't trust themselves with the tool. Since they believe they may misuse it everyone else surely will.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I love this quote, and I think it may be relavent to the subject:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanlysis (1952)

lol, looks like we're dealing with some limp d**k, sissy boys to me! :hilarious:
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cooter View Post
    I love this quote, and I think it may be relavent to the subject:

"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity."
    Sigmund Freud, General Introduction to Psychoanlysis (1952)

lol, looks like we're dealing with some limp d**k, sissy boys to me! :hilarious:
    hahahahaha. how true could that really be?:) makes me look at our politician friends in a whole new light.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

I guess it kind of surprised me since MI has been CCW allowed for something like 7 years and ther has been NO evidence of the bloodshed in the streets scenarios. Yes, there has been some misuse, but just playing the numbers game with the number or permit holders says that this will happen. Last I knew violent crime was still lower than pre CCW days.

It is the same as a firearm. If anyone intends to use it for evil they have no problem with the fact that they are not legal.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7