What would you do? OC or CC
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do? OC or CC

What would you do? OC or CC

So, I'm on my way to work this morning at about 4am and realize I probably ought to get some go-juice. Work has a "no weapons" policy, so my normal routine is to clip my IWB holster to my belt and just OC out to the car and for the drive in. Then when I get to work, I stick holster and all into a behind the seat pocket. This morning, as I was pulling into the gas station I had to decide whether to cover up or not while pumping the gas. Not wanting to alarm the sheeple, I decided to untuck my shirt a little on the right then head for the restroom as soon as I got to work to "tighten-up".

Just wondering what other folks do.

I CC wherever legal. I'm certain that CC is allowed everwhere my permits are valid, so I carry concealed. It also gives me a tactical advantage should some BG try something.

Don't like OC unless it's necessary (like in a restaurant in VA). :icon_sad:

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Open or concealed is legal in TN. I would have done the same thing you did. I prefer to keep concealed whenever possible. I prefer only I know I am armed. As was said, I feel it gives you a tactical advantage.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

i agree. I would rather no one know that I have a weapon until I pull it.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

out of sight out of mind, until needed.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by daddyo View Post
    So, I'm on my way to work this morning at about 4am and realize I probably ought to get some go-juice. Work has a "no weapons" policy, so my normal routine is to clip my IWB holster to my belt and just OC out to the car and for the drive in. Then when I get to work, I stick holster and all into a behind the seat pocket. This morning, as I was pulling into the gas station I had to decide whether to cover up or not while pumping the gas. Not wanting to alarm the sheeple, I decided to untuck my shirt a little on the right then head for the restroom as soon as I got to work to "tighten-up".

Just wondering what other folks do.
    Pumping gas, a lot of times I'm OC. When I drive, I tuck behind me my untucked shirt so I can access with the seatbelt on. I just conceal myself against the truck & the gas pump shields me otherwise. I'll change things around if I have to walk in for anything. Otherwise, I'm CC all-the-way.
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

Me personally I would leave it whichever way I was OC or CC.

To me it's not what or how you carry, it's that you do carry. :h:
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

I can not OC in Florida but if I could I would still carry concealed. Like many have said I'd rather noone know I have it until I need it. Having it OC could make you the first target in an attack. Since the BD knows you can fight back.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    Having it OC could make you the first target in an attack. Since the BD knows you can fight back.
    Or it could make him choose another target/time/location since he knows he would meet an armed response.

That is why I think it is up to each individual to choose whether to OC or CC...whatever is right for them and what they want to do.
    “Because when seconds count, the police are only minutes away”

Posting in …….
    OpenCarry.org
    USA Carry
    Glock Talk
    Tennessee Gun Owners
    also check
    Handgunlaw.us
    Tennessee Laws at: Michie’s Legal Resources

I always CC unless hunting, on private property, in my house or something of that nature. There's really no reason to OC in public. Concealment offers a tremendous tactical advantage of surprise and it also means that no one can take your gun from behind.

As far as pumping gas though, if someone tries something, drawing my gun would not be my immediate response in an environment where flammable gasoline fumes are present. Since I already have a grip and the movement would be more natural, my first reaction would be to spray them with gasoline.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast