How Much Do You Know About Your States Gun Laws?
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How Much Do You Know About Your States Gun Laws?

How Much Do You Know About Your States Gun Laws?

Take your states quiz and see how you do. Forgot to post my score, 9 out of 10. Thought trigger locks were mandatory but they're not.

http://crime.about.com/od/quizyourst...e_Gun_Laws.htm
    Last edited by ronwill; 04-18-2008 at 11:33 AM. Reason: Added score

I got 9 out of 10 and the one I got wrong was May the police limit carrying concealed handguns? I figured that was a yes since we have to have a license to carry concealed, but apparently the answer was no. Maybe because the actual limiting of who can carry is out of the police's job description, but they sure could get you in a lot of trouble if they found you carrying concealed without a license . . .

4. Quiz is wrong for NV, in so much as the question is bad.

Q: Is there a waiting period on gun sales?

They say no, but there is a 3 day wait on handguns in Clark County if you don't have one registered with metro.

Wow I scored 100. (The second time I took it.)
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

7 out of 10 :O_O: the difference between gun and handgun questions were and ones that got me. Gun possibly being a shotgun I thought could be sold with out permit, and I am old enough not to have a hunters safety permit if I choose.
    "Victory at all cost Victory in spite of all terror. Victory no matter how long and how hard the road may be; for without Victory there is no survival."
    (Winston Churchill)

Quote Originally Posted by DJ58 View Post
    7 out of 10 :O_O: the difference between gun and handgun questions were and ones that got me. Gun possibly being a shotgun I thought could be sold with out permit, and I am old enough not to have a hunters safety permit if I choose.
    DJ58, before you start kicking yourself, I posted this on another site and some possible errors on the quizzes have been pointed out. This is just for fun and shouldn't be taken as factual because of many changes that may have occurred since it was originally written.

9 out of 10

The locking device got me too. Since every gun is sold with one, I guess I assumed it was law.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]In order to rally people, governments need enemies. They want us to be afraid, to hate, so we will rally behind them. And if they don't have a real enemy, they'll invent one in order to mobilize us.

Got 10 of 10, but there is one inaccurate question. It's the individual county police departments that do background checks, not the "state police".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

I got 8 out of 10. The lock question got me also. And I need to do some checking cause they also say that it IS required to do a background check for a private sale. That one I did not know.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

11. 9 /10 Correct.
    Same as most of you, the gun lock got me.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast