Anyone Hunt Wild Boar? - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyone Hunt Wild Boar?

"Just a word of wisdom. There is one type of wild boar you want to avoid at all cost. It's considered very unpredictable with tough bitter meat. So please be careful if you see the following ......."

OOOOOOWWWWW,MY EYES!
    Give everybody guns.
    Natural selection will cull out the idiots.

Quote Originally Posted by Brainchild View Post
    "Just a word of wisdom. There is one type of wild boar you want to avoid at all cost. It's considered very unpredictable with tough bitter meat. So please be careful if you see the following ......."

OOOOOOWWWWW,MY EYES!
    lol..... Sorry probably should have put a warning with that post!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

If you were here in southern SC, in the swamps, you'd have a couple of grenades handy... been treed by a couple of monsters

Howard
    NRA Life Member, NRA Firearms Instructor, Range Safety Officer
    SC CWP Instructor
    GrassRoots GunRights SC - the only choice for SC

I've been thinking about going boar hunting for the first time. I've actually never hunted, and I hate those suckers. I have a Swiss K-31 (7.55x55) that is chambered in essentially a .308. Does the Swiss round have enough knockdown power to take a boar, or do I need to beef it up a bit?

6. Shot placement. I hunt with 357 mag. Love it. Horse back is neat as getting on your knees and crawling through thickets to get to them. A young sow will taste the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander_Cob View Post
    I've been thinking about going boar hunting for the first time. I've actually never hunted, and I hate those suckers. I have a Swiss K-31 (7.55x55) that is chambered in essentially a .308. Does the Swiss round have enough knockdown power to take a boar, or do I need to beef it up a bit?
    .308 is more than adequate. I've taken wild boar with .22 mag.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Quote Originally Posted by johioss View Post
    I want to go Boar hunting but I'd like some tips first. Do you typically hunt from a tree stand? How do you find/track them? Just any information would be helpful as I don't know the first thing about hunting boar. Thanks!
    The way I've always seen people do it is put a platform in the back of a truck, park it in the brush and wait. Kind of like a mobile "tree stand", and if it runs you can chase it.

BTW, in case you don't know, boars are pretty fierce fighters with those tusks, so watch out.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12