Anyone Hunt Wild Boar?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Hunt Wild Boar?

1. Anyone Hunt Wild Boar?

I want to go Boar hunting but I'd like some tips first. Do you typically hunt from a tree stand? How do you find/track them? Just any information would be helpful as I don't know the first thing about hunting boar. Thanks!
    Romans 3:22-24

Springfield Mil-Spec 1911 .45
    Taurus Millenium Pro .40
    Kel-Tec P3AT .380

I hunt them with a Hawken and here in Georgia it's a year round hunt since they're considered nuisance animals. If you have a population they won't be hard to find as they damage terrain. While you could use a tree stand after finding a prime spot, I prefer to stay on the ground and get as close as I can. Take a look at the following and see if it helps. Good luck.

http://www.thejump.net/wild-hogs/wild-hog.htm

I hunt boar here in Hawaii with bow and arrow, my .357 mag, 12 gauge 00 buckshot, and with the trusty Ruger M77 .270. Only time I'm up in a tree is when using my bow and arrow. Most times I'll figure out where the boar are and find a nice hiding spot at ground level. All of the above listed firearms will do just fine while hunting wild boar.

I hunted boar with a bunch of friends in GA. It was sweet, because at the time we were allowed to "spotlight" them with a light that was powered by 6 volts or less.

Happy hunting!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

No but I watched two of them debating on t.V. the other night.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

6. hahaha....thanks everybody!!

Taurus Millenium Pro .40
    Kel-Tec P3AT .380

Just a word of wisdom. There is one type of wild boar you want to avoid at all cost. It's considered very unpredictable with tough bitter meat. So please be careful if you see the following .......

"When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

KimberPB That is the best she has looked in years.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

9. Good lord it's hideous!!!

Taurus Millenium Pro .40
    Kel-Tec P3AT .380

Quote Originally Posted by johioss View Post
    Good lord it's hideous!!!
    You should see her without the mud mask! lol :icon_sick:
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

hahahaha.. I hate swine!
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast