32 people shot, 6 killed, in violent Chicago weekend
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 32 people shot, 6 killed, in violent Chicago weekend

32 people shot, 6 killed, in violent Chicago weekend

Apperantly Chicago's strict gun laws are not working so well......

http://www.cnn.com/2008/CRIME/04/21/....ap/index.html

CHICAGO, Illinois (AP) -- An epidemic of gunfire rattled the city during the weekend, with at least 32 people shot and six killed.

Police Superintendent Jody Weis blamed an excess of guns and gangs for the rash of violence.

"There are just too many weapons here," Weis said at a news conference Sunday. "Too many guns, too many gangs."

At the time of that news conference, the toll was 26 separate shootings and four deaths. Later, three more shootings were reported within two hours on the West Side late Sunday and early Monday, resulting in two more deaths and four more people wounded, police said.

The other weekend shootings were scattered all over the city. Police said they included gang shootings, drive-by attacks, and even one case in which someone used an AK-47 to shoot up a plumbing supply store.

Authorities did not immediately say whether any of the shootings were thought to be related.

During the same weekend last year, there were 19 shootings, including four homicides, and 21 shootings were reported during the same weekend in 2006, Chicago police statistics show.

On Saturday, the police department issued new statistics showing that the city's murder rate for March was down about 1 percent from March 2007.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

O.K. explain to me again how it is that if it is against the law to have a gun in The Peoples Republic of Chicago all these shootings took place. Oh wait a minute, I remember now. It is just against the law for innocent law abiding citizens to own guns.
    Last edited by HK4U; 04-21-2008 at 02:16 PM. Reason: spelling
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Yep ci town is a safe zone.

That's a shame I like Chicago. If we ban moer guns in more places arround IL then maybe the criminals would have to travel further away and then they would decide against committing such violent gun crimes. Since the gas prices are so high maybe they'd rather stay home instead of traveling two states over to get ammo. What do you guy's think? It could happen.

6. Angry

Two many guns and two many gangs, well let me see we tried to ban the guns AND THAT DID NOT WORK! Lets see maybe if we ban the gangs. Or even better lets give the law abiding citizens guns and let them shoot back, You think that may make them think. I am just so tried of every thing being the fault of a gun. When will people start taking responsibility for their actions, people kill people donít matter if they use a gun, club, knife, car, or what ever. OK Sorry just needed to vent.
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

I heard about this on my way into work yesterday morning, listening to ultra conservative NPR:hilarious:
    They mentioned that Chicago Mayor, Richard Daley wanted stronger gun control laws. "OK all you BG's out there; be a good guy for once and turn in all your guns."
    Wow! A light bulb just went offinside my head. I just realized that their definition of 'gun control' is different from mine.
    Their definition: Gun control- putting all of their guns in a big pile so we can control them.
    Mine: Getting golf ball sized groups at the fifteen yard mark...
    Later- Sam
    Samurai - "...he that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

This just doesn't make since. Is it not illegal for criminals to have guns. Maybe we need a new law that says "seriously it's really illegal for criminals to have guns and shoot people with them." There, that should take care of the problem.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by abock33 View Post
    That's a shame I like Chicago. If we ban moer guns in more places arround IL then maybe the criminals would have to travel further away and then they would decide against committing such violent gun crimes. Since the gas prices are so high maybe they'd rather stay home instead of traveling two states over to get ammo. What do you guy's think? It could happen.
    It must be the education system. Maby if Chicago crimanals were able to read the no guns allowed signs they would leave there guns at home. Thats it. We hve to teach them how to read.:piparty::piparty::piparty:

It makes me feel guilty,

but I am having a problem feeling sorry for the people in IL. I just went back and re-read the thread on page 11 of this forum (Need to hit this IL CC Poll) and the last reply showed 76.5% in favor of stricter gun laws.

Apparently the people there do not want to take on any responsibility for their own safety and protection. They keep re-electing idiots that don't seem to care.

But I still feel guilty.
    The more I practice, the 'luckier' I get!

Unhappy gun controle

Quote Originally Posted by gordo View Post
    but I am having a problem feeling sorry for the people in IL. I just went back and re-read the thread on page 11 of this forum (Need to hit this IL CC Poll) and the last reply showed 76.5% in favor of stricter gun laws.

Apparently the people there do not want to take on any responsibility for their own safety and protection. They keep re-electing idiots that don't seem to care.

But I still feel guilty.

I guess this is an example that governments brain washing works. Who was it that said Tell a lie often enough and people will begin to believe it?
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast