You hear a bump in the kitchen........
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: You hear a bump in the kitchen........

You hear a bump in the kitchen........

Ok you hear a noise in the kitchen. Thinking its an intruder you grab the phone and you best home defense tool. You turn the corner into the kitchen and come face to face with..........

http://www2.tbo.com/content/2008/apr...?news-breaking
    Pinellas Woman Finds 8-Foot Gator In Her Kitchen

A Pinellas County homeowner found an 8-foot-long surprise in her kitchen late Monday night.

An alligator.

Deputies say 69-year-old Sandra Frosti of 20 Evelyn Court, near Oldsmar, heard a noise coming from her kitchen about 10:30 p.m. and went to check it out. She walked into the room and saw the head of an alligator. Frosti quickly called 911 and left the house.

Deputies say the 8-foot-long reptile apparently pushed through the back porch screen door and entered the home through an open sliding glass door. It then walked through the living room, down a hall and into the kitchen.

A trapper with Animal Capture of Florida caught the alligator. The gator was slightly injured during the scuffle when a plate was knocked to the ground, cutting the animal.

No other injuries were reported.
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I have to say I would reholster my pistol and go get a large rifle. I would then probably take a trip to jail for killing an animal.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by DrDavidM View Post
    I have to say I would reholster my pistol and go get a large rifle. I would then probably take a trip to jail for killing an animal.

Ya that's a hard one! Run and call the trapper or shot it. Gator does taste good!
    "When Government fears the people, it's liberty. When people fear the Government, it's tyranny."
    - Benjamin Franklin

I would kill him and make a few holsters,some belts,and a couple pair of boots!!!:y:

Better hope you have brought enough gun.
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

How much gun does it take to kill a gator? Would a 9mm or .45 ACP handgun do it? Would you need a larger rifle, like a .308, or would a .223 or a .30 carbine do it? How thick is their skull? Would you take a head shot or would you go for the vitals? Is their heart roughly between and slightly lower than their shoulders or is that just not a good shot to take?

I have never seen one outside of the zoo and have no idea what I would do, we don't have then here in Colorado….

Quote Originally Posted by tcotariu View Post
    How much gun does it take to kill a gator? Would a 9mm or .45 ACP handgun do it? Would you need a larger rifle, like a .308, or would a .223 or a .30 carbine do it? How thick is their skull? Would you take a head shot or would you go for the vitals? Is their heart roughly between and slightly lower than their shoulders or is that just not a good shot to take?

I have never seen one outside of the zoo and have no idea what I would do, we don't have then here in Colorado….

A 9mm or larger should do. You would want to place your shot in the head slightly behind the eyes. I've hunted alligator with my .357 mag. The "head shot" from above is probably the best bet.

BTW, alligator meat is delicious!

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

How much does it cost to mount a gator? Do you think a compound bow would penetrate? I don't want the neighbors calling the police because of shots fired.

Quote Originally Posted by abock33 View Post
    How much does it cost to mount a gator? Do you think a compound bow would penetrate? I don't want the neighbors calling the police because of shots fired.
    Compound bow may over penetrate and possibly richoceht if you have ceramic tile floors. I'd say bust out the trusty old handgun and place a couple of hollow points through the gator's head.

I used these guys before. They did an excellent job. http://www.gatorchasers.com/taxidermy.php

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Cool They had a lady shoot a Gator a cople years back

Almost the same situation. The knuckleheads tried charging her with hunting without a license. BS. FL law now covers that pretty well (castle doctrine). I say marinate the tail in worcesteshire and turn the hide into a really cool range bag/belt and boots w/ matching holster/mag pouches.

As for the tail...grill it to sear in the flavor and serve with your favorite salad and baked spuds.
    FESTUS
    IN OMNIA PARATUS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast