Gun belt buckle causes scare at a bank - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun belt buckle causes scare at a bank

Quote Originally Posted by festus View Post
    My son has a very realistic cap gun...I'm afraid of the pop pop pop noise

Gun belt buckle my eye...
    Maybe so, but walking into a bank with it would not be using common sense. A lot of people say the P3AT (with the olive green polymer finish) and the Beretta Bobcat look like "toy guns", and the same is also true with these painted guns that are popping up now. You might not expect a gun painted neon green and pink to be real, but they do exist.
    Silent Running, by Mike and the Mechanics

What do we expect when we live in a society when your kid can draw a gun at school, get suspended, and then someone from social services comes knocking on your door.
    "A democracy is two wolves and a small lamb voting on what to have for dinner. Freedom under a constitutional republic is a well armed lamb contesting the vote."

Benjamin Franklin
    (1706 - 1790)

Quote Originally Posted by KimberPB View Post
    There are so many people out there that are so uneducated about guns they wouldn't know a real one from a fake one if they could hold it. They see anything that resembles a gun and they panic.
    Very true, I've got a friend who thought the difference between a rifle and a shotgun was how many times you could fire them before reloading. Her whole gun knowledge before meeting me came from novels (like the romance kind, not the tactical shooting kind). Education is very important.

5. Gun Belt Buckle

The images of the belt buckle in this story looked pretty realistic to me, and I did not spot it across the lobby of a bank. I was flying out of Sky Harbor Airport, in Phoenix, AZ one day, and had a belt buckle that was a revolver as seen from about a 1/4 view, which was about 2 inches by 3 inches. The idiot TSA guy made me take it off and give it to my wife, so I had to get to my plane using a cane, carrying my carry-on and holding my pants up as they were playing Civil War and trying to secede from the top. Only a real, certified idiot would have thought the buckle I was wearing looked like a real gun, and it looked even more phony than the guy in Mira Mesa.
    Last edited by wuzfuz; 09-11-2008 at 06:53 AM. Reason: Typos
    A man without a gun is a subject; a man with a gun is a citizen.
    I'll keep my freedom, my guns and my money. You can keep THE CHANGE.
    An armed society is a polite society.

Quote Originally Posted by wuzfuz View Post
    The images of the belt buckle in this story looked pretty realistic to me, and I did not spot it across the lobby of a bank. I was flying out of Sky Harbor Airport, in Phoenix, AZ one day, and had a belt buckle that was a revolver as seen from about a 1/4 view, which was about 2 inches by 3 inches. The idiot TSA guy made me take it off and give it to my wife, so I had to get to my plane using a cane, carrying my carry-on and holding my pants up as they were playing Civil War and trying to secede from the top. Only a real, certified idiot would have thought the buckle I was wearing looked like a real gun, and it looked even more phony than the guy in Mira Mesa.
    "TSA" says it all
    John - KJ4NSE
    Member NRA | GCO | GOA | SAF | ARRL
    Why would God invent something like whiskey? To keep the Irish from ruling the world of course.

Thankfully he didn't get shot at mistakenly over this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12