Gun collection software - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Gun collection software

Get Lifetime Subscription to NM Collector Software for only $19.95

I can now offer my NM Collector Software Lifetime subscription for only $19.95 (delivered via email) because I have automated the PayPal fulfillment process. This means I no longer have to process subscriptions manually so I can charge a lower price.

You can access my PayPal store at: NM Collector Software JE (Java Edition) Software PayPal Store

This offer is good for lifetime subscriptions delivered by email only and purchased through my PayPal store only. I will be automating Google soon but am not there yet.

Thanks!

Clay

Home Inventory Software | Collecting Software | Software for Collectors | Collector Software
    But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 1 Peter 3:15

Thumbs up NM Collector Software Version 2.2 now available

Quote Originally Posted by nmCollector View Post
    I can now offer my NM Collector Software Lifetime subscription for only $19.95 (delivered via email) because I have automated the PayPal fulfillment process. This means I no longer have to process subscriptions manually so I can charge a lower price.
    Changes in Version 2.2.0

* Improvements to Tree View
    o Data no longer lost when you make changes to your data and then make changes to the Collection Types.
    o When you delete an item with other items indented below it the indented items below it no longer appear to be deleted.
    o When you try to indent the first indented item below another item the system no longer moves it to the bottom of the list of items.
    o When you try to outdent an item that is already as far outdented as it can go, the system no longer moves it to the bottom of the list of items.
    o Drag and drop several items one after the other then try to indent one of them no longer moves some of the items to the bottom of the list of items.
    o The horizontal scroll bar no longer centers when the tree is too wide to fit in the window causing irritating shifting.

* Other Improvements
    o The items typed in field number 8 (on the identification tab)are no longer placed in the combo box of field number 2.
    o New icon for Mac.
    o Red x on find window no longer closes entire application.
    o Addressed Find and Help window sizing and formatting issues.

Thanks,

Clay
    Home Inventory Software | Collecting Software | Software for Collectors | Collector Software
    But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts, and always be ready to give a defense to everyone who asks you a reason for the hope that is in you, with meekness and fear; 1 Peter 3:15

I found one that I really like while it was in BETA, I am just waiting for the public release now...

http://www.vypersoft.com/

Vyper Gun Vault Pro (04/2011)

It has places for pics, receipts from purchase/sale, firing stats, ammo inventory, etc....
    Life Member GeorgiaCarry.org http://www.GeorgiaCarry.org

It's kind of funny how fate works sometimes. I had completely forgotten that I had started this thread. I haven't been on this site much for quite some time and I come back today and see this nearly 3 year old thread on the first page.

I never made it past the early stages of the program and I am glad to see that someone else has and is actively promoting it. Good luck!

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by LiveBlues View Post
    It's kind of funny how fate works sometimes. I had completely forgotten that I had started this thread. I haven't been on this site much for quite some time and I come back today and see this nearly 3 year old thread on the first page.

I never made it past the early stages of the program and I am glad to see that someone else has and is actively promoting it. Good luck!
    Based on your earlier posts, you would probably like the technology I used in NM Collector Software. It is Java Swing with a Derby database back end.

:)

Clay

Quote Originally Posted by WaltherCC View Post
    Here are the two programs I'm familiar with:

NM Collector Software

GunSafe - Firearms Collection Software

Both are freeware, however an enhanced version of NM is available for purchase. I think most people prefer Gun Safe.
    Gunsafe no longer available
    Roy
    Dacono CO
    CCW, Ruger LCR, Winchester 94, S&W 686-3

Thumbs up Version 2.3 of NM Collector Software now available

Changes in NM Collector Software version 2.3.0 (see complete history of changes here)

* Clearly marked first field on Identification Tab as the Bar Code field

* Improvements to Events tab

*Improvements to Maintenance tab

*Clean up, reformat, and improve functionality of Collection Types and all List Edits Screens
    [*]Fixed bug with one insert right after another losing data from previous
    [*]Fixed issues with data not being saved unless tab was pressed after
    each entry

*Improved existing collection types by changing first [Bar Code] field to Unique ID
    [*]Ammo
    [*]Home Inventory
    [*]Whistles

*Created new collection types for:
    [*]Licenses
    [*]Subscriptions
    [*]Recipes
    [*]Passwords

*Created new reports to more easily report out on new collection types:
    [*]Simple Inventory (all Identification tab fields)
    [*]Simple Inventory with Notes (all Identification tab fields plus Description tab Notes fields)

Clay Pryor
    NM Collector Software

Sounds like you've made some helpful improvements since I last looked at the software, Clay. Are you also making the rounds of the other gun-related forums to get the word out? I noticed you hit GunBroker but that was the only one which caught my eye.

3X PM

Quote Originally Posted by Felix View Post
    Sounds like you've made some helpful improvements since I last looked at the software, Clay. Are you also making the rounds of the other gun-related forums to get the word out? I noticed you hit GunBroker but that was the only one which caught my eye.
    Thanks. I'm trying to get to as many forums as I can. I'm sure a lot of people are using the free version and I have no way to notify them when I have made improvements other than posting to as many forums as I can.

Also, I try to reply to threads where people are asking about gun collector software though. I don't like to post new a new topic out of the blue announcing it.

:)

Thanks,

Clay

Call me paranoid if you wish, but I keep nothing on my computer that I would rather governmental agencies not know.

JMO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast