Question: Red Dot Sight Battery Replacement

Thread: Question: Red Dot Sight Battery Replacement

Question: Red Dot Sight Battery Replacement

I'm kind of new to these spiffy Picatinny (I guess that's what it is) rails & red dot sights. The battery's dead on it, but I'm hesitating to replace it. To change out the battery, I have to take the whole deal off the rail. If I put it on in the exact same spot, will I have to resight it, or does it retain its settings?

Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown

It should be close when you put it back on. that's the design of the rails...to be able to remove and replace without losing zero. A couple rounds should tell though.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Simply note the slot number when you remove the sight. Provided that you don't bang the sight around, it should be as it was prior to removal. As Red Hat said, fire a few rounds to confirm the sight position.

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

Thanks guys....
    Victory rewards not the army that fires the most rounds, but who is the more accurate shot. ---Unknown