Police Chief Shoots own Ankle - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Police Chief Shoots own Ankle

It just goes to show those Glocks are evil. Just kidding. All of this time I apparently have been doing it wrong. I rack the slide, then I position it to visually see if there is a round in the chamber. It seems the correct way is to point it at your foot and pull the trigger.

I am truly sorry this happened to the officer. I hope he makes a full recovery.
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Training Session huh???? Yeah everyone knows you check to see if a gun is loaded by pulling the trigger. OMG!!!!!!!!!!! This comforts my respect of the law enforcment training around here. Training session and he did not use dummunition. I'm not an instructor myself, but if I ever show anyone anything about a gun and I am not at a range, the mag is filled with dummunition and live rounds are not even allowed in the same room. Not to mention the the hugely common knowledge that checking a chamber requires "LOOKING INTO THAT CHAMBER". If there are problems with the gun, aka a jam. The last thing you would do is pull the trigger. ARG. Absolutely amazing!!!! Hope he learned a lesson. Bet they'll blame it on the gun!!! I'm tired of being told by Utah LEO that they are the only people trained enough to carry a gun when its obvious atleast a few need to actually learn what a gun is.
    They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    ---Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

yes accidents do happen. that's why when I unload I pull the slide back a half a dozen times or so.. then check and recheck and check again before I start dry firing. must have done a number on his ego...
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Looks like he's still "Chief"

Despite several safety violations, it looks like he's keeping his job.

Utah Chief Who Shot Self to Keep Job: Internal Affairs News at Officer.com

Can't belive that they call this an "accident".

gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

+1 Glock fan, nothing accidental about it. When you pull the trigger expect the gun to fire.
    Always have a gun- Good advice
    Always have two guns- Excellent advice

Brilliant!
    It's better to die upon your feet than to live upon your knees!-Emiliano Zapata

8. Who said he was qualified.

[QUOTE=HK4U;23762]Larsen said he couldn't reveal which ankle, left or right, the chief shot.

What is it some kind of secret

I guess he forgot the rule about never pointing the business end of the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy. I wonder if he is related to the DEA agent? Oh well I guess I can not be to hard on him as I did something stupid like that many years ago. I learned my lesson. I hope he learned his.[/QUOTE

For me, it's not so much that he pointed it where he shouldn't have; the biggest no no here was that he touched the trigger.

[QUOTE=tattedupboy;26570]
    Quote Originally Posted by HK4U View Post
    Larsen said he couldn't reveal which ankle, left or right, the chief shot.

I guess he forgot the rule about never pointing the business end of the gun at anything you are not willing to destroy. I wonder if he is related to the DEA agent? Oh well I guess I can not be to hard on him as I did something stupid like that many years ago. I learned my lesson. I hope he learned his.[/QUOTE

For me, it's not so much that he pointed it where he shouldn't have; the biggest no no here was that he touched the trigger.

Larsen said he couldn't reveal which ankle, left or right, the chief shot.

Perhaps he does not know the difference between left and right.:icon_cheesygrin:
    By faith Noah,being warned of God of things not seen as yet, moved with fear,prepared an ark to the saving of his house;by the which he condemned the world,and became heir of the righteousness which is by faith Heb.11:7

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12