NEW FEATURE!!! USA Carry Permit Reminder - UPDATED
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NEW FEATURE!!! USA Carry Permit Reminder - UPDATED

Lightbulb NEW FEATURE!!! USA Carry Permit Reminder - UPDATED

Since the beginning, I've been asked about creating a feature that allows users to track the permits they have, when they expire, and be notified to renew them. Well we I am pleased to announce the USA Carry Permit Reminder.

Just use your forum login at the Permit Reminder Login Page. If you are not a member and would like to use it, sign up for free by clicking here.

Once you have logged in, you can add each permit you have by selecting the state, whether it is a resident or non-resident permit, the expiration date, and any notes you may wish to add. And that's about as simple as it gets.

Starting Friday (or sooner), the system will start sending out a standard email reminding you to renew your permit when the expiration date is 12 weeks, 8 weeks, 4 weeks, 1 week, 3 days, and 1 day away. We will also be adding some past due emails.

So that will wrap up the features for this version. Playing with it for the last hour or so I've already come up with a few more features I would like to add to this but this is definitely a good start. If you have any ideas or find any bugs let me know!

USA Carry Permit Reminder

Memberships: NRA, GOA, USCCA
    Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Great idea. Thanks.

One more thing. In Ohio my training certificate also expires and needs renewal. Funny thing is it lasts a different number of years then the CCW. Go figure.
    Howard
    I carry a gun because I can't carry a cop!
    EDC Primary: M&P45fs, Crimson Trace LaserGrips, Insight XTI Procyon light in SmartCarry holster
    >>> http://MP-Pistol.com/
    EDC BUF: LCP, Crimson Trace LaserGuard in DeSantis Super Fly holster
    >>> http://LCPforum.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HowardCohodas View Post
    Great idea. Thanks.

One more thing. In Ohio my training certificate also expires and needs renewal. Funny thing is it lasts a different number of years then the CCW. Go figure.
    Gotcha. I'll add that to the list of things to add so you'll be able to add a permit and a training cert for one state.

Guns: Glock 26, Ruger LCP, Beretta 90-Two .40, Beretta PX4 Storm Subcompact 9MM, Beretta Tomcat, Bushmaster Patrolman M4

Definitely a good idea, thanks Luke!
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

6. Thumbs up

Yes very usefull thanks Luke
    Calling an illegal alien an 'undocumented immigrant'
    is like calling a drug dealer an 'unlicensed pharmacist '.

nice feature. thanks for that.
    You can have my freedom as soon as I'm done with it!!!

Question Bloody Good Idea..BUT?

U know I was laid up in a VA hospital for 10 days with a hurt like hell ankle infection right around the very day my WA State CC permit expired, told this story once, but I had 2 go thru the whole 30-day NIC check again as a 1st-timer, prints, mug, $60, and armed cops buzzing around the city court-house like flies! Brrr!
    I did get my CC permit back in the U.S. Mail, and found that since I 1st applied (2002) I had a 370000 number, then I got a 680000 one, WOW, in 5 years my state issued double the CC permits, so I guess I feel much safer knowing my cell-phone doesn't shoot 9mm HP's or harsh words seldom stop drug-crazed meth-heads bent on nicking my stuff :-)
    I'll input and thanks USA Carry (Lukem) for doing us a service my own state doesn't even do, send out any warning that my permit is about to turn into plain old useless card-stock.
    I do have a question though, if let's say USA Carry was hit with a federal court order to disclose all those names or #'s (#" are not required to enter I know), would you have to give them up, maybe adding more info much faster to a 'National data-base' than the ABC's aleardy have part of it compiled? I don't mean to shoot this down, but I can not predict what may be laws in 2-3 years with a new Pres & a new congress/senate plus LOTS of anti-gun sheeple out there who want to take my 2nd away.
    Just curious and hoping Lukem has a up-front reply to a forward-looking question, not a catch-question, that others may want to know about too.
    ROGER-WICLCO, heading to input mine now. F-it! I don't care if my legit CC # is stored in Langley or the J. Ed Hoover cross-dressing club!!!
    Cheers Lukem,

Canis-Lupus :a:

usacarry leading the way in CCW info with technology

Thanks again Luke
    David

The only person available to protect you 24 hours a day is you.

Well the database is tied to just a username and I don't track anyone's real names so they couldn't really tie the accounts to anyone. Maybe through some ip tracking but I really think that is a long shot. I don't see a reason they would want my info when they could get it from the states instead.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast