Concealed carry badges? - Page 10
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

Quote Originally Posted by IWLAFART View Post
    Will this thread ever end. I wish the mods would put this on a sticky and end it.
    It was dead until reopened almost a year later. It's been dead since 05-12-2009, 11:12 AM.
    USAF Retired, CATM, SC CWP, NH NR CWP, NRA Benefactor
    To preserve liberty, it is essential that the whole body of people always possess arms, and be taught alike, especially when young, how to use them... -- Richard Henry Lee, 1787

Good, bad or indifferent, every gun forum on the Internet has a thread just like this one. More surprisingly, is that some forum members actually use a CC badge as their forum avatar! Unfortunately, Hollywood has done a stupendous job at glorifying police work as glamorous and heroic. As a former LEO, I too got caught up in the hoopla’ of carrying a badge and wearing a uniform. However, it wasn’t long before I realized just how boring and mundane law enforcement could be. I would estimate that ninety percent of my time was spent writing reports, attending to barking dog calls, and drunks puking on me.

Regards,
    Dan O.

badges are a BAD idea, imVho.

folks,

as a retired LEO, may i simply say that you are asking for TROUBLE, if you carry any sort of badge, IF you are NOT a LEO.

LOTS of people will assume that you ARE a police officer & that may well "draw fire"!- since my retirement, i seldom carry my "retired badge", as i don't want to be identified as a LEO, by any "COP-HATERS" out there.
    (i do carry my retired ID in my wallet, for inspection if necessary.)

furthermore, i do some "security consulting" from time to time in a jurisdiction that requires me to wear a UNIFORM/BADGE/PATCHES, in order to be armed. - i INTENTIONALLY picked a color/style that does NOT look like that of any regional LE agency. - i HAVE been asked if i was "military".
    (i use tropical worsted, i.e., TAN, shirt/pants in a "western cut", with black leather.)

just my opinion.

yours, TN46

Quote Originally Posted by Red Hat View Post
    It was dead until reopened almost a year later. It's been dead since 05-12-2009, 11:12 AM.
    Bigtree312's one and only post was to open this thread? I wonder if this is another account of someone we all know who loves to re-open threads?

DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS THREAD ANY MORE!!
    Avidshooter (Texas)
    "The real destroyer of the liberties of the people is he who spreads among them bounties, donations and benefits." -- Plutarch

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    okay
    People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.--River Tam

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by texasnative46 View Post
    folks,

as a retired LEO, may i simply say that you are asking for TROUBLE, if you carry any sort of badge, IF you are NOT a LEO.

LOTS of people will assume that you ARE a police officer & that may well "draw fire"!- since my retirement, i seldom carry my "retired badge", as i don't want to be identified as a LEO, by any "COP-HATERS" out there.
    (i do carry my retired ID in my wallet, for inspection if necessary.)

furthermore, i do some "security consulting" from time to time in a jurisdiction that requires me to wear a UNIFORM/BADGE/PATCHES, in order to be armed. - i INTENTIONALLY picked a color/style that does NOT look like that of any regional LE agency. - i HAVE been asked if i was "military".(i use tropical worsted, i.e., TAN, shirt/pants in a "western cut", with black leather.)

just my opinion.

yours, TN46
    Yeah +1 on that thought at one time I worked Plant security and they had chose a uniform that duplicated the local PD, and it was for a reason, during times of duress we were deputized to assist (had badges to show too) , but that was then and this is now and since that no longer happens I was very paranoid about the uniform and contentious being mistaken for the local PD, n no we were not armed.....
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by AvidshooterTX View Post
    I actually had no plan to respond to this thread until you told me not to... so then I had to ... right?

But it's OK, because I don't need my CCW badge anymore because I am going to buy VALID LAW ENFORCEMENT CREDENTIALS from the guys who have the other post going!

I feel they are just silly.

11. I was in the Marines did my time and at no point did i want to pretend I was still a Marine. 50 - 50 cops are wantabes anyways. The other half were military and fit for duty. I would get one of these badges just to piss the lower half off. If you're smart you have a good lawyer and if the dumb cop was smart he'd be a lawyer. The badge is just metal no matter who is wearing it, doesnt mean anything unless you think it does. You have as much right to own one as the other guy who is law abiding. let us not forget police are still civilians, you have the right to carry your badge just like they do. I do not own one of this badges fyi but if I ever found one cheap you better belive i'd grab it, just to show I can with out worring bout some charges my lawyer will handle.

Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst ... 89101112 ... LastLast