Concealed carry badges? - Page 11
Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 190

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

  1. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by wouldntbeacop View Post
    I was in the Marines did my time and at no point did i want to pretend I was still a Marine. 50 - 50 cops are wantabes anyways. The other half were military and fit for duty. I would get one of these badges just to piss the lower half off. If you're smart you have a good lawyer and if the dumb cop was smart he'd be a lawyer. The badge is just metal no matter who is wearing it, doesnt mean anything unless you think it does. You have as much right to own one as the other guy who is law abiding. let us not forget police are still civilians, you have the right to carry your badge just like they do. I do not own one of this badges fyi but if I ever found one cheap you better belive i'd grab it, just to show I can with out worring bout some charges my lawyer will handle.
    So why are we worrying about a thread that died a year ago? Unless we're looking to start trouble?
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  2.   
  3. #102
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So why are we worrying about a thread that died a year ago? Unless we're looking to start trouble?
    Look at the post count!

    DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!!!

  4. #103
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Colorado Rocky Mountain High
    Posts
    3,899
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeland Man View Post
    Look at the post count!

    DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS!!!
    Hey Lake, there are people here that think I'm a troll
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

  5. #104
    Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    So why are we worrying about a thread that died a year ago? Unless we're looking to start trouble?
    This thread has officially become a zombie thread, figures it is on one of the silliest topics possible, CCW Badges.

  6. Why I Wear the Badges. Yes, 'badges' plural.

    Let me be the lone voice of those brave few who dare to strap on the CCW shields and patrol the street every day. I have hesitated to do this because it would seem self-serving. But alas, the time has come for Gold-Shielded-CCWers to let the world know about the contributions we make on a daily basis.

    I carry five of these much-maligned CCW badges.

    Badge #1 is kept in the center of my Tri-Fold Wallet, so that when I display it, it is accented by my CCW permit on the left, and my Players Club Gold Card on the right (which entitles me to great discounts on food, entertainment, and accomodations throughout the world, baby).

    Badge #2 is kept clipped to my belt on my right hip in front of my main carry piece, A Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger with it's 3-9X50 scope.

    Badge #3 is proudly displayed on my left hip in front of my backup piece, my trusty .500 Smith&Wesson.

    Badge #4 is glued to the holster on my right ankle, where you will find my trusty, though somewhat underpowered, Cold Combat Commander.

    Badge #5 is likewise attached to the holster on my left ankle, where you will find my GUN-OF-LAST-RESORT. I hope never to have to draw this anemic weapon, for it is a mere Colt Python chambered for the impotent .357 Magnum cartridge.

    (I know what you are thinking. 'Here is a well-armed man. But how does he conceal all of those?' It is simple. I have a photographers vest to conver the waist-guns. Since I am 5'8" tall and 340 impressively molded pounds, I have the vests made special. The ankle guns are covered by cargo pants in the summer, or thick woolen hunting socks when I wear shorts. When loungin on the beach, I use a mumu to cover it all. Ammunition is, of course, carried in two fanny packs. One pack on the fanny. Another above the groin. When I venture into bad parts of town, I pull extra ammo behind me in a red wagon.)

    I carry the badge(s) because i feel the decent people of this community have a right to know who is protecting them. The badge allows me to do this legally. You see, it is illegal to brandish a concealed weapon, but not illegal to show a CCW badge. CASE IN POINT....... I was at a quickie mart the other day paying for some canned chili and a slurpee-like drink when four roguish louts entered the store. As the clerk sacked my light snack, I pulled Badge #1 and showed it to him. When his worried eyes caught mine, I gave him a nod. A small nod to be sure, but one weighted with meaning. "I'll be in the parking lot," I told him, "Until this situation is resolved." I then exited the store and stood by my Hummer eating cold chili out of the can until the street gang had departed. Heaven knows what those Hooligans might had done had it not been for the presence of a Gold-Shielded-CCWer.

    But I am only one man! Yes, a highly trained and well armed man who has studied six martial arts both in-person and through videos. But still I am just one man. What if there had been sixteen punks instead of four?

    The answer is simple. I would have gone outside and found three more trusty citizens (my keen eye allows me to know who is truly trustworthy) and deputized them all as emergency Gold-Shield-CCWers. Happily, I would have had guns and badges for them all. Then we all would have stood in that parking lot ready to intervene against the gang menance erupting in the store. And, believe me, I had plenty of handcuffs and zip-ties with me for securing such a mob!

    There is one more reason I carry the badge; it makes the police feel safer!

    You jest? Think about it........... Even the best police officers are too burdened with their daily duties to truly master the warrior arts. What cop has time to study the deeper martial meanings hinted at by the late David Carradine in 'Kung Fu'? What cop has learned the Dim Mak. And what cop is allowed to carry a Ruger Super RedHawk? Cops can't - I can.

    I think tomorrow I will drive out and find a policeman. Then I'll casually whip open my vest and let him see my Ruger Super Redhawk with my gold CCW shield in front of that. When his admiring eyes meet mine, I'll give him that same pregnant-with-meaning nod that I gave the clerk at the quicky mart.

    I betcha that cop gets out and thanks me for being on the street looking out for not only him, but all the law-abiding citizens of this town in which I proudly wear The Badge.

  7. #106
    Actually I recently had a discusion about CCW badges with some local skateboarders. These three guys are profesional athletes who practice their sport in a local shopping center parking lot for up to 14 a day. They do a variety of tricks and ocationally get yelled at by the staff of Publix and K-Mart. Sometimes they will go to the dumpster in back for a smoke break.

    I asked them whether I should use a gold colored or nickle finished CCW badge. And they had a variety of oppinions, but their concensis was that the gold plated version was better for more formal occations because it matches your bling-bling. These occations include going to church, dancing in the club, or meeting with your parole officer. With that said, the nickle plated finish is better for everyday use because it looks more gangsta, especially when worn with a pair of pumas, a backwards baseball cap, and a hoodie. I sugested that they also obtain some of item 33645T55 from www.mcmaster-carr.com and use it to make a neck chain. They liked my sugestion of a stainless steel neck chain made from 5/8" chain, but at $68 a foot, it would cost a lot to make ya chain hang low.

  8. #107
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Honolulu, HI & Salt Lake City, UT
    Posts
    2,797
    Quote Originally Posted by EastOkHotRod View Post
    Let me be the lone voice of those brave few who dare to strap on the CCW shields and patrol the street every day. I have hesitated to do this because it would seem self-serving. But alas, the time has come for Gold-Shielded-CCWers to let the world know about the contributions we make on a daily basis.

    I carry five of these much-maligned CCW badges.

    Badge #1 is kept in the center of my Tri-Fold Wallet, so that when I display it, it is accented by my CCW permit on the left, and my Players Club Gold Card on the right (which entitles me to great discounts on food, entertainment, and accomodations throughout the world, baby).

    Badge #2 is kept clipped to my belt on my right hip in front of my main carry piece, A Ruger Super Redhawk chambered in .480 Ruger with it's 3-9X50 scope.

    Badge #3 is proudly displayed on my left hip in front of my backup piece, my trusty .500 Smith&Wesson.

    Badge #4 is glued to the holster on my right ankle, where you will find my trusty, though somewhat underpowered, Cold Combat Commander.

    Badge #5 is likewise attached to the holster on my left ankle, where you will find my GUN-OF-LAST-RESORT. I hope never to have to draw this anemic weapon, for it is a mere Colt Python chambered for the impotent .357 Magnum cartridge.

    (I know what you are thinking. 'Here is a well-armed man. But how does he conceal all of those?' It is simple. I have a photographers vest to conver the waist-guns. Since I am 5'8" tall and 340 impressively molded pounds, I have the vests made special. The ankle guns are covered by cargo pants in the summer, or thick woolen hunting socks when I wear shorts. When loungin on the beach, I use a mumu to cover it all. Ammunition is, of course, carried in two fanny packs. One pack on the fanny. Another above the groin. When I venture into bad parts of town, I pull extra ammo behind me in a red wagon.)

    I carry the badge(s) because i feel the decent people of this community have a right to know who is protecting them. The badge allows me to do this legally. You see, it is illegal to brandish a concealed weapon, but not illegal to show a CCW badge. CASE IN POINT....... I was at a quickie mart the other day paying for some canned chili and a slurpee-like drink when four roguish louts entered the store. As the clerk sacked my light snack, I pulled Badge #1 and showed it to him. When his worried eyes caught mine, I gave him a nod. A small nod to be sure, but one weighted with meaning. "I'll be in the parking lot," I told him, "Until this situation is resolved." I then exited the store and stood by my Hummer eating cold chili out of the can until the street gang had departed. Heaven knows what those Hooligans might had done had it not been for the presence of a Gold-Shielded-CCWer.

    But I am only one man! Yes, a highly trained and well armed man who has studied six martial arts both in-person and through videos. But still I am just one man. What if there had been sixteen punks instead of four?

    The answer is simple. I would have gone outside and found three more trusty citizens (my keen eye allows me to know who is truly trustworthy) and deputized them all as emergency Gold-Shield-CCWers. Happily, I would have had guns and badges for them all. Then we all would have stood in that parking lot ready to intervene against the gang menance erupting in the store. And, believe me, I had plenty of handcuffs and zip-ties with me for securing such a mob!

    There is one more reason I carry the badge; it makes the police feel safer!

    You jest? Think about it........... Even the best police officers are too burdened with their daily duties to truly master the warrior arts. What cop has time to study the deeper martial meanings hinted at by the late David Carradine in 'Kung Fu'? What cop has learned the Dim Mak. And what cop is allowed to carry a Ruger Super RedHawk? Cops can't - I can.

    I think tomorrow I will drive out and find a policeman. Then I'll casually whip open my vest and let him see my Ruger Super Redhawk with my gold CCW shield in front of that. When his admiring eyes meet mine, I'll give him that same pregnant-with-meaning nod that I gave the clerk at the quicky mart.

    I betcha that cop gets out and thanks me for being on the street looking out for not only him, but all the law-abiding citizens of this town in which I proudly wear The Badge.
    Modern day "Mall Ninja"



    gf
    "A few well placed shots with a .22LR is a lot better than a bunch of solid misses with a .44 mag!" Glock Armorer, NRA Chief RSO, Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun, Muzzleloading Rifle, Muzzleloading Shotgun, and Home Firearm Safety Training Counselor

  9. #108
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock Fan View Post
    Modern day "Mall Ninja"



    gf
    Be careful not to practice your tacticalness in front of others to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. So when you carry a concealed handgun, do not announce it with trumpets and CCW Badges, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and on the streets, to be honored as sheepdogs and mall ninjas. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you carry a concealed handgun, do not let your attire indicate what you are doing, so that your carrying a handgun may be in secret. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you by helping you develop increased situational awareness and a tactical mindset.

    And when you post on the internet, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to refer to magazines as clips because they think it sounds gangsta. Truly I tell you, they have received their reward in full. But when you post on the internet, first do a Google search for a good glosary of firearms terms. Learn these terms and use them correctly. Then other gunowners, who see what you have done, will reward you with useful information on firearms.

  10. #109
    +100 Internets for EastOkHotRod

  11. #110
    Please lock this thread!

    -Doc

Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Quantcast