Concealed carry badges? - Page 15
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Concealed carry badges?

Oh Good God, no! I make every effort to make sure no one knows I carry, the only person who knows I carry is my son. If I'm ever asked by a LEO I have my concealed carry license.

Carry quietly, discreetly; we don't need wannabe action starved people on the streets packing and ready to whip out a concealed carry badge.

Not saying to whip it out, I'm saying if you choose to open carry I can see where it wouldn't freak people out so much, that is all

Last Saturday I was in Dayton Ohio at a annual armature (HAM) radio convention (largest in the US) about 20,000 + people at Hara arena, lots of police to keep things civil JIC...

and I noticed 1 individual with a CC (gold) shield prominently displayed on his shirt... No it did not look good... No it did not get him anything special... and Yes I thought it a tad tacky!
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century
    "Don't be so open minded that your brains fall out!" Father John Corapi.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon View Post
    Last Saturday I was in Dayton Ohio at a annual armature (HAM) radio convention (largest in the US) about 20,000 + people at Hara arena, lots of police to keep things civil JIC...

and I noticed 1 individual with a CC (gold) shield prominently displayed on his shirt... No it did not look good... No it did not get him anything special... and Yes I thought it a tad tacky!
    I saw some idiot in a Baskin Robins wearing a badge that said " Licensed Security Officer" on his belt a few years back. I couldn't help myself I was on the the floor rolling. The louder I laughed the redder he got.

Quote Originally Posted by sooners2win View Post
    Not saying to whip it out, I'm saying if you choose to open carry I can see where it wouldn't freak people out so much, that is all
    Assuming you're not walking around in a hot pink, tacti-cool, drop leg thigh holster, carrying a gold plated .50 Desert Beagle you'd be amazed how many people don't even notice you're carrying
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

i've seen those bright shiny gold badges they look pretty sharp but i wouldn't want one pinned to my chest
    i saw them at the gun show where i think anyone can buy one even if they not ccwp holders? i don't know if you have to prove you are a ccwp holder or not in order to buy one..so can anyone just buy one or does one have to show themselves a ccwp holder to purchase one??
    just curious though i don't want one for myself like another poster said 'i have enough to carry .........''
    and i see no good reason to have one or carry one around either
    i guess it's in our culture we go to scouts and earn badges and taught to proudly display them on a sash or uniform and many adult in other clubs gangs military and masonic orders have all kinds of ridiculous regalia to feed their egos and to let others know their 'importance' in such and such a group.......all that unnecessary junk is just that ;unnecessary junk. imo
    even if someone gave me one i'd never carry it on my person much less wear the thing

momma take this badge from me.......lolz

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tmc8rJgxUI heheh
    gun control is being able to hit your target

Your HCP is your authority to be armed, you don't need anything else. Badges are for authority and we ,as private handgun carriers, possess no special authority.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher,Independent Voter, Goldwater Conservative.

nobody should have 'authority' over anyone else i don't care if they have a badge or not some silly badge shouldn't give anyone a right to have any authority over anyone else

9. All you need is your CCW card in case police want proof. Badges can go to peoples heads and make them thing they have more power than they do. I don't want people to know I carry. By the way in Oklahoma you can now open carry.

Quote Originally Posted by cluznar View Post
    All you need is your CCW card in case police want proof. Badges can go to peoples heads and make them thing they have more power than they do. I don't want people to know I carry. By the way in Oklahoma you can now open carry.
    In case you were wondering this:

Quote Originally Posted by Treo View Post
    Hey OP , you were asked a very specific question, "How many bad guys have you gone up against?".

I think it a fair and relevant question. You come in here playing the expert we’d like to see your curriculum vitae.
    With out it this is just a bunch of hot air
    was a real question and I'd like a real response
    See, it's mumbo jumbo like that and skinny little lizards like you thinking they the last dragon that gives Kung Fu a bad name.
    http://www.gunrightsmedia.com/ Internet forum dedicated to second amendment

does anyone have the answer??
    does one need to show a concealed carry weapons permit to even purchase such a badge??

i seen them at a gun show for sale but didn't bother asking about it so i don't know if anyone could just buy one? but now this topic is here and it got me wondering ......thanks to anyone has an answer in advance

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast